The National Open University of Nigeria is the pioneer institution for online courses in Nigerian universities. The NOUN Student Portal is the primary source of information for students and prospective students. It provides a virtual gateway to information and resources of Nigeria’s only Online University. The platform provides access and tools for
- E-Wallet update
- Course Registration
- Electronic course materials
- iLearn and other Resources
The use of multiple portals by the institution and the constant system crash and failure had made it difficult for many students to gain access to the vital information they need to make good progress in their studies. In addition, migration of students from the old portal to the new portal has been slow and cumbersome. This article provides simplified access to the NOUN student Portal currently being used.
According to the National Open University of Nigeria, beginning from the second semester in 2017, the school will commence operations on https://www.nouonline.net/gportal_reg.php returning students are required to register/sign-up on the portal.
Procedure for Registration on the National Open University of Nigeria New Student Portal
Registration on the National Open University of Nigeria New Student Portal involves the following;
- Loading of e-wallet
- Payment of semester registration fee of (N18, 000) in order to gain access to other semester processes
3 After making the relevant payment visit http://www.nouedu.net/registerable admin to see the list of registerable courses for the semester/ session
- All students on the National Open University of Nigeria new Student Portal are now required to register for examination as a precondition for access to TMAs
Click Here to Sign Up: National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) New Student Portal
List of Old NOUN Portal and Websites
National Open University of Nigeria Procedure and Requirements for Change of Program
Students wishing to change their programs should follow the steps listed below:
- Download the change of program form
- Generate 5000 naira remita from remita.net and make the necessary payment at any bank nearest to you
- Fill the change of program form, attach all relevant credentials or documents and submit the printout along with the remita printout from the bank to the study center.
To change your program use this Link http://nouedu.net/announcements/procedure-change-program
How to Apply For Admission into the National Open University of Nigeria
- Long on to the internet and visit nouonline.net
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, Click on Apply for Admission
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme.
- Go to “Choose Faculty” (see the left-hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty
- Select programme of study in form, click below to view admission criteria
- Fill displayed form
- Click “Apply” to proceed.
- Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
- Click ‘Submit query’ button
- Select Bank Branch as payment type
- Click “Pay”
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
Check Out These Bizarre African Sex Rituals
After Payment Follow the Steps Below
- Perform steps 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number, and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with a red star are compulsory.
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study center for screening
Health Programs and Courses Currently Offered By the National Open University of Nigeria
- BNSc degree certificate
- Postgraduate Diploma in (PGD) HIV/AIDS Education and Management
- BSc Public Health
Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria certifies the NOUN B.N.Sc degree programme
In July 2017, The Board of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria at its 41st General Meeting deliberated on the perception of BNSc Nursing certificates issued by NOUN and directed as follows:
- That the general public should be aware that certificates issued by the National Open University of Nigeria in respect of the BNSc Nursing Programme of the National Open University of Nigeria is recognized by the National Universities Commission.
- That the general public should be aware that certificates issued by the National Open University of Nigeria in respect of the BNSc Nursing Programme of the National Open University of Nigeria is valid for Academic progression
- That the general public should be aware that certificates issued by the National Open University of Nigeria in respect of the BNSc Nursing Programme of the National Open University of Nigeria is valid for employment, promotion, and upgrading purposes.
Overview Of The Faculty of Health Sciences
The Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria (N.O.U.N.) is one of the youngest faculties in the university. It was established recently as a result of the rising need to provide lifelong learning and continuous education for the population especially health workers. The focus of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria is to ensure that training emphasizes relevance, rather than simple academic knowledge. This approach adopted by the Faculty is intended to achieve several closely related objectives namely:
To produce a broad range of health manpower in the health sector in Nigeria.
1. Increase the number and capacity and knowledge of health manpower that will provide health services for the depressed and under-served rural and peri-urban communities in Nigeria,
2. To design test programme models for health manpower development.
3. To produce unique health models that could be replicated in various parts of the country.
4. To produce health models that in the near future can be replicated in other countries of the world where similar health conditions exist
5. To produce health models that in the near future can be replicated in other countries of the world where similar health conditions exist
Programmes in the Faculty
The Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria, the main online university in Nigeria is currently running the following programs that lead to the award of Bachelor’s degrees in their respective areas as outlined below:
Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc):- The Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria was developed in response to the critical need to enhance access to quality university education for many nurses in clinical practice in Nigeria who may not be able to leave their current job in pursuit of higher-level education despite the ethical and professional demand for continuous education in the healthcare sector. The main aim of the programme is to promote and advance the education of nurses for modern-day nursing practice, to serve as a precursor for higher-level performance and capacity for the forecast into the future as the graduates carry out their duties to meet health promotion and healthcare needs of individuals and population along the life span within the family framework and with the help of motivation for self-directed learning and professional growth.
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health (B.Sc. Public Health):– The philosophy of the Public Health programme of The Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria is to provide a broad-based professional training and academic competence that represents a true reflection of the emphasis on the new national preventive health care systems and services. The program is intended to produce graduates with broad scientific and professional knowledge that is based on a sound understanding of public health care issues as practiced in the country, and to train and retrain professionals in the field, to ensure effective qualitative health services on a global scale.
Other programmes which have received the approval of the University Senate and awaiting approval by the National Universities Commission and the relevant professional registration bodies are:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Environmental Health, B.Sc.
- Dental Technology, B.Sc.
- Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS).
Mode of Delivery of Noun Health Course
The method of instruction at Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria is by the distance learning mode. The process involves the use of a wide range of media materials to bridge the ‘distance gap’ between the facilitators and their students. Print (books) is one of the major mediums of instruction for programs in the Faculty of Health Sciences. Each course material (book) has a study material developed and written specifically for it. All the students are expected to study and understand the concepts and other relevant information in it prior to their being examined. A course guide is always provided to give the students an overview of the course. In addition, there are also practical-based courses that include practical training and adaptations. Where practical classes are essential, the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria often liaised with close-by institutions of higher learning and Community Health Centers with which it currently has a memorandum of understanding. The usual practice at the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria is that the methodology of conducting practical classes for eligible courses is communicated to the student at the beginning of the Semester. As a rule, a well-planned practicum for a minimum of four weeks, for each academic session may, in addition, be required to earn a degree from the institution.
Duration of Programme of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria
The flexibility of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria as well as other faculties within the institution allows a student to determine the place, time, medium of study, and pace of study. For some specific courses, you may be required to choose to study full time or take your courses one at a time known as the flexible mode. Under normal circumstances, the completion of a NOUN degrees should take you the normal time allocated to complete the same programme at the conventional universities if you study full time at the National Open University of Nigeria. However, if you decide to study the courses and programmes by the flexible mode, the rule of thumb applies which is to double the time required for the completion of the full-time study. The good news here is that all programs at the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria are full time.The Bachelor of Nursing Science Degree of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria (BNSc) Degree program which is the flagship of the faculty runs for a period of 10 semesters (approximately 5 years) while the Public Health programme runs for 8 semesters (Approximately 4 years), and both programs have theoretical and practical components that follow in succession. It is important to note that admission requirements to study public health at NOUN requires a background in Community Health usually a diploma.
Faculty Name: Faculty of Health Sciences
Faculty Location: Abuja
Officials of the Faculty of Health Sciences of the National Open University of Nigeria
Dr Jane – Frances Agbu
Deputy Dean: Mr Segun Igbinlade
Faculty Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Are you a student of National Open University or do you use or want to share your Noun student portal story?
Public Health Nigeria an Interdisciplinary public health movement focused on health education, advancing fair public health policies, promoting fitness, healthy diets, responsible behavior, community health and general well-being.