Save The Children is recruiting for Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist (Pipeline)
Save the Children is the world leading independent organization for children. We strive to give children and environment in which their human rights and needs are respected and protected so that they can realize their full potential. We are committed to ensuring that children realize the right to survival, protection, development and participation which they are entitled to under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.
We seek to employ qualified candidate for the position below:
Job Title:Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Specialist (Pipeline)
Job ID: 1900041P
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Programme Operations
Post Type: National
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of all ASRH strategies and activities under the World Bank funded ‘Accelerating nutrition results in Nigeria’ ANRiN project in the State, ensuring national protocols and strategies are followed.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Project Director and will have dotted line reporting to the Head of Health.
- Staff directly reporting to this post: TBC
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Supported by the CO Health team, provide technical guidance for the implementation of Adolescent Health interventions on the ANRiN project, ensuring interventions meet internationally recognised and Save the Children’s quality standards as well as National guidelines and protocols.
- Develop the Detailed Implementation Plan with the State project team integrating with nutrition interventions. budgets and other related activities of ANRiN within the programme in liaison with the Head of Health
- Build the capacity of community health extension workers/CORPS /CHIPS to provide ARSH services
- Ensure quality services, adolescent friendly implementation of the ANPiN project.
- Ensure the quarterly and annual targets are met while implementing ASRH activities in close collaboration with the Gender Equality Advisor.
- Conduct quality trainings on ASRH to target health providers and partners towards improving the quality of health facility services to adolescents Use of the Age & Life-stage Counselling Tools, Youth-Friendly Health Services, Interpersonal Communication Skills, Organizing Young Mothers’ Support groups, others . It is envisioned that this will include developing and/ or adapting training materials and tools as necessary.
- Work with the state ASRH officers, Implement the Mothers support group series of activities of the Adolescent First-time mothers’/parents intervention.
- Work with SCI communications unit to develop and adapt relevant ASRH IEC materials for the target facilities as well as ensure re-printing of important ASRH publications for dissemination to stakeholders/ partners e.g. the Age & Life-stage Counselling Tools, the Nigeria National Adolescent & Youth friendly Job Aids and Cue cards, First-time Mothers/Parents curriculum for Mothers support group, others
- Work closely with all ANRiN stakeholders to ensure that gender transformative approaches are implemented and that gender equality is mainstreamed throughout all activities and interventions
- Emphasize the importance of normative change at implementation level in order to achieve project outcomes
- In collaboration with the Head of Health, ensure that quarterly reports and other documentation of ASRH interventions and activities are written in a timely manner and submitted to the Head of Health for vetting.
- Work with the business development team and member RH technical advisors, where applicable to make technical contributions to proposals which have an ARSH component and ensure high quality narratives for submission.
- Participate in State level technical meetings related to Adolescent Health programmes, as necessary.
- Collaborate with the CO technical team to ensure cross learning among projects.
- Monitor that accountability adolescents are planned for and correctly implemented.
- Observe principles of child rights programming inform in all activities related to Adolescent Health programming including design, analysis, implementation and M& E with a particular focus on gender and diversity, children’s participation.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s Policies including Chid Safeguarding and Fraud to ensure maximum protection for children.
Skills & Experience
Education and Experience/qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline e.g Medicine, Public Health, Nursing
- 5 years of post-Masters’ working experience in ASRH specifically normative change and understanding adolescent behaviours and family planning in developing countries
- Familiarity with analytical tools and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for operational work.
- Strong communication skills oral and written in English. Knowledge of the Hausa language will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or State level government structures to strengthen the capacities.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behaviour change, Family Planning procurement and supplies would be an asset.
- Experience on World Bank funded projects.
Skills and Behaviours our Values in Practice
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating quality and sustainable technical syatems
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and value for money systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services) at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services)
Location: Banki, Borno
Job Type: Full time
Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
The Technical Officer (Health & Nutrition Services) will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on clinical management of integrated medical services at the LGA level.
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related nutritional and integrated medical services at the facility level guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs.
Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to nutritional and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents and work plans.
Sensitize main stakeholders on CMAM and need for support and commitment for long term access to life saving activities for children; at this stage the overall entry/exit strategy can be shared emphasizing the vital role of the stakeholders to make this happen
Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
Build capacity of Community Health Workers (CHWs) through organized trainings.
Serve as organization liaison at coordinated external meetings and conferences if assigned.
Plan and deliver trainings with support capacity building team on CMAM and IYCF
Develop work plan for OTP, Stabilization Centre and IYCF activities according to the expected progress of the project
Remain informed on current programs in the field of medical and nutritional management and related developments by assessing the needs of current IDPs and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation
Network and coordinate with the relevant sectors:
Establish good relationship with the Local Government Area authorities and community leaders.
Establish a network with the other actors in the working area (I/NGO) Establish a good understanding of the program within the community
Establish link and meetings with the community leaders and different group existing in the working area.
Coordination and participation in Nutrition Cluster, and nutrition assessment/ survey groups and filing of meeting minutes Support, and actively participate the sub-Nutrition Cluster group meetings at district level constructively
Represent FHI 360 nutrition programs when and if necessary vis-a-vis donors during their field visits
Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 to 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
Knowledge of health and nutrition in humanitarian programs.
Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around integrated health program.
Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues in the communities
Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and Hausa communications
Ability to work in an environment where there are physical discomforts associated with change in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust or dirt.
Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to facility
Ability and willingness to stay at Local Government Area (LGA) at the field
Well-developed computer skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
Group life and AD&D insurance
Health savings account
Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Dependent life insurance
Business travel insurance
Supplemental personal accident insurance
Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
403 (b) retirement plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
Public transportation program
On-site fitness center
Local credit union membership
Health and wellness program
Employee assistance program
Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
Legal assistance plan
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2019
World Health Organization Malaria Surveillance Monitoring and Evaluation Officer NOC
IMPORTANT NOTICE Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device s system settings
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To provide technical support to the country in strengthening availability and use of data for malaria decisions actions that contribute to the reduction of malaria morbidity and mortality
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the WR the technical officer will Strengthen national malaria surveillance systems including other systems for generation of strategic information for evidence based targeting of malaria interventions for enhanced malaria burden reduction through adoption adaptation and application of relevant WHO norms and standards guidelines manuals and tools and appropriate technologies and e platforms Build capacity on use of surveillance and other health data for malaria risk mapping at national and sub national levels Guide evidence based targeting of high risk areas with appropriate antimalarial interventions Monitor the impact of such interventions at subnational levels with the aim of adapting strategies for enhanced impact Contribute to documentation and publication of best practices on use of available evidence for targeting interventions at national and subnational levels Undertake any other functions assigned Facilitate evidence based policy and strategic dialogue involving national policy makers and partners at national level as a process for monitoring the implementation of malaria strategies discussing capacity gaps and planning for effective implementation of malaria control and elimination Other tasks assigned
Education Essential University degree in medical epidemiology biostatistics Public Health or other relevant health related fields Desirable Masters degree or PHD in malariology or communicable diseases epidemiology Experience Essential Five years of experience in the development and evaluation of national disease surveillance systems Desirable At least five years working experience in malaria control programme or malaria research at international level including experience working in WHO would be an asset Use of language skills Essential Expert knowledge of English Skills Specific skills required Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of communicable disease epidemiology with specific experience in malaria surveillance and operational research Proven experience in the development and evaluation of systems policies strategies guidelines and tools for malaria control and or elimination Proven skills and knowledge in the development and evaluation of disease surveillance systems in a public health setting Demonstrated skills in capacity building especially training of health workers Presentation and communication skills Competencies Producing results Fostering integration and teamwork Communicating in a credible and effective way Creating an empowering and motivating environment Moving forward in a changing environment
SEE : Fathers Of Public Health
National Consultant Vulnerability Risk Assessment and Mapping VRAM
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION Nigeria has experienced over the past few years several large outbreaks of emerging and reemerging infectious pathogens like Lassa fever Cerebrospinal Meningitis and Monkeypox As a follow up to country risk profiling of infectious hazards and vulnerability risk assessment and mapping VRAM conducted in July with multiple stakeholders including the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control NCDC National Emergency Management Agency NEMA Nigeria Meteorological Agency NIMET data collection was done on the hazards identified nationally This is a necessary step towards developing an all hazards plan which is critical to identifying resources priority interventions and mitigation that contribute to the reduction of morbidity and mortality in populations at risk in the states The report of the VRAM data collection exercise is critical to the development of the National multi hazard emergency preparedness plan which will take into account all existing contingency plans reports and surveys To this end the NCDC has requested the services of a consultant to compile analyze the data and produce a report of data collection during the VRAM exercise using collected data and conducting in depth detailed review into historic data and review of available research and reports of incidents in the country to develop a background and formulate recommendations for policy makers
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
A national consultant working under the direct supervision of the Director for Emergency preparedness and Response NCDC Support the NCDC to develop a plan of analysis of the VRAM data from a public health perspective Conduct a literature review of all historic information data previous risk assessments research reports of hazard responses plans evaluations after action reviews and other available national documents Conduct analysis on the available VRAM national data collected from states in 2018 Support the NCDC to synthesize information and develop a VRAM report using the outcome of the analysis including recommendations to facilitate the development of a national multi hazard multi sectoral plan Support the upskilling of NCDC technical staff in VRAM report development Any other duties
Education Essential Medical degree other associated biomedical science or social science degree Desirable Masters degree in Public Health Epidemiology Experience Essential 2 years experience years in data analysis interpretation and producing high quality reports Experience in policy formulation and use of data for decision making Desirable 7 10 years of experience consulting in public health is an added advantage Experience working with the government on environmental health programmes Experience with risk mapping of public health hazards emergencies and capacity vulnerability assessment of at risk populations Use of language skills Essential Fluency in verbal and written English Skills Specific skills required Excellent analytical skills and excellent interpersonal skills