Why You Need A New York University (NYU) MPH Degree
The New York University is the largest private university in the United States. The University’s Master of Public health program is offered by the College of Global Public Health.
The NYU MPH program is fully accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) and admits students from diverse backgrounds, providing a world-class training and education in public health with domestic and global perspectives that emphasizes ethics, social justice and health equity. Click here to See List Of Public Health Universities In the United States
The Program (NYU MPH) is offered in eight areas of concentration that provides you with the opportunity of pursuing a public health degree in your preferred discipline and achieve your long-term career goals. The specialization offered by NYU MPH are:
- Community Health Science and Practice
- Environmental Public Health Sciences
- Global Health
- Public Health Nutrition
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
New York University (NYU) Master of Public health program Dual Degree Program
All students enrolled in the NYU Master of Public Health program (NYU MPH Global Health concentration) have the very uncommon opportunity of choosing from five dual degree programs offered under the global health concentration.
This unique package provides you with advance training in multiple fields and allows you to complete two separate degree programs concurrently. The five dual degrees programs under the NYU GH Concentrations are as follows:
- Medicine (MD/MPH)
- Dentistry (DDS/MPH)
- Public Administration (MPA/MPH)
- Nursing (MS/MPH)
- Social Work (MSW/MPH) Click Here to See Best Biostatistics Graduate Programs
Admission Requirements for The New York University’s Master of Public Health Program
An applicant seeking for admission into the New York University’s Master of Public health Program must submit the following application materials and documents before the specified deadline in order to be considered for admission by the admissions committee.
- A duly Completed SOPHAS application Form
- Resume or CV
- Personal statement
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- Three letters of recommendation
New York University (NYU) MPH GRE Scores
New York University only accepts GRE scores that were taken within the past 5 years. The institution code for ETS test result order is NYU CGPH (8752).
The following set of candidates are exempted from providing a GRE test scores
- Applicants who already hold an advanced graduate degree (Except Epidemiology applicants).
- Applicants who already hold a professional degree (Except Epidemiology applicants).
- Examples of these higher degrees are MBBS, MA, MS, MSc, MEd, MD, MSW, MPA, PharmD, MPhil, BDS, DDS, EdD, Ph.D. and many others.
- Applicants whose native language is not English and applicants whose first degree was not at an institution where English is the primary language of instruction are required to submit TOEFL scores using the institution code NYU MPH (8752).
NYU MPH Program Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate at New York University was previously 35%. However, in 2017, it went down to 27%, its lowest in 16 years. This implies that, for every 100 applicants, 27 are admitted. See Public Health Career Salaries
NYU MPH ranking
New York University’s ranking in the 2018 edition of Best Colleges and National Universities is #30.
NYU Public Health Masters (MPH) Tuition
Tuition at New York College of Global Public Health is charged on a per-credit basis at a cost of $1664 per credit and applicable fees. The average tuition fees for New York University is $50,464.
Student Life at New York College of Global Public Health
The school has over 35,000 students and the student-faculty ratio is 10:1. The average age of students in the NYU MPH Program is relatively low estimated at 27. The male to female ratio is currently around 1:3. Most Alumni describe the institution as a unique place to study and develop exceptional analytic and decision-making skills in public health. The median starting salaries for New York University Alumni by major is $ 54,400.
Public Health Nigeria an Interdisciplinary public health movement focused on health education, advancing fair public health policies, promoting fitness, healthy diets, responsible behavior, community health and general well-being.