A very important and essential part of being a student of the University of Benin is the completion of registration. This is the process by which you as a student confirm your studentship with the university. Each student needs to register online at the beginning of each session. Registration for returning students entails payment of portal access fees (to enable you access the online portal of the university), payment of stipulated school charges fees and course registration.
What happens if I do not register?
You need to register to confirm that you are a bonafide student of the university of Benin for the session and that the details the University holds are correct and up-to-date. If you do not register: You won’t be able to register your courses for the semester and session. Your access to facilities, libraries and online services will be at risk and will be removed. You will not be able to take examinations, have scores or complete your degree. If you are a new student or returning to do a new programme of study at the University of Benin, you will need to Sign up once you have checked your details online and then complete the registration process according to the university of Benin guidelines for new students. SEE: Free Online Courses With Printable Certificates
Steps on How to Register Uniben Courses Online
- Visit UNIBEN website https://uniben.waeup.org
- Click on the student portal button
- Click on the “login” button and enter your student ID and Password
- Click on the “my data” menu, a drop-down menu will appear, click on the ” Study Course” button UNIBEN- Online Course Registration
- On the new page, if your current level is not on the study levels(course lists), then you will have to add it by clicking the “start new session” button
UNIBEN- Online Course Registration
- On doing that, a new page will appear and you will be required to input the activation code on your school fees print out( the one that starts with SFE-0-**********) then click enter UNIBEN- Online Course Registration
- You will be automatically re-directed back to your study course page and your current level will appear at the button of the study levels (course lists)
- Click on the level you wish to register your courses
- A page with the list of all (or most ) of your courses for that level will appear
- Go through the list, remove the irrelevant courses and add the relevant ones. note that when adding a course, the course code must be in ” capital letters”
- After completing the steps above successfully, go through them carefully over again and then simply click on the register course button
Support From Uniben ICT Center
If you run into any problem during the registration process, you can seek support from the Information Communication and Technology/Central Records Processing Unit (ICTU/CRPU), University of Benin. This unit was established in 1999 and saddled with the responsibility of deploying internet services, development of softwares and maintenance of hardwares which is an integral component and hub of the University that has a clear vision and mission to service all sectors of the University.
The Unit is also charged with the responsibility of delivering quality and more robust ICT services and programmes to accelerate the goals of the institution and further bring the University to the lime light of Technological advancement. It is note-worthy that the ICT/CRPU of the University has made the University of Benin the first University in Nigeria to independently develop the Computer Based Test (CBT) Software for the conduct of Post-University Matriculation Examinations (POST UTME) in 2015 and other internal and external examinations. See –Updated: UNIBEN Courses and Their Cut off Marks