Public Health Analyst & Engagement Intern
eHealth4everyone is a leading digital health social enterprise dedicated to making the world healthier. We are a new kind of mission-driven organization with services, expertise and products focused on making the business of healthcare delivery work for everyone, through technology-enabled optimizations. We believe that if health is a right, proven digital health solutions and expertise such as ours should not be a privilege. We are recruiting to fill the position below
The Public Health Analyst and Engagement Intern will work within the public health sector
He/she analyses data related to public health issues and carries out both digital and physical engagement with stakeholders
He/she will have a wide range of job duties, and will require computer and analytic skills to carry out these activities
He/she will support in public health related eHealth research, as well as help in projects focused on technology for public health.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health is required but a Master’s Degree is most preferable.
Strong writing and communication skills, high computing and internet use skills and Experience in conducting research and developing data collection tools.
Medecins du Monde (MdM) Health Coordinator
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
- MdM is currently implementing an emergency response program in Borno state. The program is implemented around the main components: improving access to primary health care, nutrition treatment (severe acute malnutrition), gender-based violence survivors’ treatment, mental health and psychological support.
- In 2019, MdM will run directly 4 clinics (3 in Maiduguri, 1 in Damboa), support 2 Ministry of Health PHCC. MdM has also developed internal capacities to respond to new emergencies (mainly displacements of population as well as outbreaks).
- MdM has its coordination office in Maiduguri and a sub office in Damboa.
- The Health Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of quality services in the field. Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the HC manages the operational and technical aspects of the implementation of the full package of medical services (Primary Health Care, Nutrition, GBV, MHPSS) in the different operational sites.
Supervision of MdM clinics and medical services:
- Ensure smooth organization of services on daily basis.
- Ensure that a proper patient flow is implemented and respecting confidentiality.
- Ensure that a proper communication and an integrated approach patient-centred are implemented within all services available.
- Ensure that following-up regarding drugs and consumption is implemented and collaboration in place to promote respect of protocols, especially linked with prescription.
- Support regular data collection and provide analysis of those data.
- Ensure quality of services by requesting the technical support of the Quality Assurance Unit (technical advisors).
Supervision of health awareness and promotion:
- Based on the needs and camps realities, define messages to be disseminated.
- With the support of the community outreach supervisor, define the health awareness / promotion approach to be implemented.
- Ensure that communities have a good understanding about MdM services.
- Promote the inclusion and active participation of communities (and their leaders) in the dissemination of the messages.
- Ensure quality of health awareness / promotion activities by requesting the support of the IEC
- Technical advisor.
Organisation of the referrals:
- Maintain a good collaboration with the University Teaching Hospital (UTH) as well as other partners with whom we work in terms of referrals (ex: MSF, WHO…), with support of program co.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of the MOU with the UTH and the medical team (knowledge and application of referral criteria, use of appropriate tools).
- Ensure that referrals are organized in appropriate conditions.
- Ensure that a proper follow up of patients referred at the UTH is done.
- Make sure data regarding referral are available and provide analysis.
- Ensure the good coordination of her/his team, tasks delegation of her / his team to ensure the smooth running of the activities and good information sharing.
- Ensure timely flow of information within her / his team and the other departments.
- Ensure that medical and paramedics staff of Clinics respect their assigned tasks.
- Provide strong leadership to ensure Clinic staff understand and work according to MdM principles.
- Make sure tools developed at country level are known and implemented (SOPs, sensitization material…).
- Ensure the staff selection, recruitment, disciplinary and grievance procedures of her / his team.
- Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures. Define training needs, submit and/or organize training for the medical team in link with Health Services Quality department and Program Coordinator.
- Responsible for capacity building and training of her / his team.
- Ensure and respect communication lines of the organizational chart / or Make sure that communication line among her / his team is respected.
Participate in reporting activities and coordination:
- Prepare a weekly activity report to submit to Program Coordinator.
- Compile epidemiological reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports.
- Participate in MdM internal meetings (general coordination, medical, security…).
- Attend to external medical meetings upon Program Coordinator request.
- Actively coordinate with other humanitarian actors working in the same camps to promote synergies.
Finance and Logistics:
- Ensure all procurements required for the good implementation of activities in the clinics are submitted to the logistics department on time and are followed up.
- As budget holder, monitor closely all budget lines related to clinics activities, ensure that her /his budget is well respect, and express to Program Co any issues.
- Actively participate to the update of the budget forecast based on planning of activities, to make sure that financial resources are available on time.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
Hierarchical and Functional links:
- The Health Coordinator is under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator.
- S/he manages directly the head of medical supervisors (Maiduguri), clinic medical supervisors, community outreach supervisor, referral nurses, roving midwifes.
- S/he work in close collaboration (functional links) with the Deputy Health Co in Damboa, pharmacist coordinator, M&E supervisor, the Health Services Quality Coordinator and his team of technical advisors, and the Emergency Response Coordinator, as well as finance / HR / log coordinators.
Background of the Candidate
- Sex Indifferent Humanitarian experience – Yes
- Nationality Indifferent Emergency experience – Yes
- Coordination experience Preferably
- Language English Fluent Computer skills Windows environment
- Hausa An asset Driving licence – No
- French – An asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: email@example.com clearly indicate the job title as the subject of your application
Health Officer, NO-B At United Nations Childrens Fund (UNICEF)
Job Number: 494364
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Purpose of the Position
Under the supervision of the Health Specialist, the incumbent will help with planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of scaling-up cost-effective Health intervention packages.
He/She will also participate in data-driven situational analyses, including epidemiological and emergency assessments; provide specific technical expertise on Health policies and other issues; provide in-country technical and operational support; and help monitor, evaluate and report on related Health programs.
Key Expected Results
Timely, regular data-driven analysis for planning and results-based management for scaling-up specific Health interventions.
Technical expertise on specific Health interventions.
Technical and operational support provided to key government and non-government partners on scaling-up interventions (downstream activities).
Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on specific Health interventions carried out through various field visits, in a timely manner, efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
Government and non-government recipients accountable for UNICEF specific supply, non-supply and financial assistance.
Qualifications of the Successful Candidate
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Health, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy And Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-Medical Sciences, Epidemiology, Health Education, Health Promotion And Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions In Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, or a field relevant to International Public Health Development Assistance
Two years of relevant professional work experience related to developmental assistance in health.
Experience working in the UN or other international development organization, and field work experience an asset.
Background/familiarity with Emergency.
Fluency in English is required, and knowledge of the local language of the duty station, an asset.
Diversity and inclusion
Working with people
Drive for results
Formulating Strategies and Concepts
Applying Technical Expertise
Learning and Researching
Planning and Organizing
Adolescent Sexual And Reproductive Health Specialist (Pipeline) Save The Children Nigeria
Min Required Experience: 5 year(s)
Min Qualification: Masters
Desired Courses: Not Specified
Education and Experience/qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (e.g Medicine, Public Health, Nursing)
- 5 years of post-Masters’ working experience in ASRH (specifically normative change and understanding adolescent behaviours) and family planning in developing countries
- Familiarity with analytical tools and ability to translate theoretical concepts into practical approaches for operational work.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English. Knowledge of the Hausa language will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of working with national and/or State level government structures to strengthen the capacities.
- Self-motivated and results orientated.
- Highly numerically articulate with a track record of data manipulation and use of spreadsheets and reporting systems.
- Proven ability to motivate and develop others
- Highly diplomatic and emotionally intelligent.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Experience managing projects with a focus on behaviour change, Family Planning procurement and supplies would be an asset.
- Experience on World Bank funded projects.
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating quality and sustainable technical syatems
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and value for money systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Please note that this recruitment is for a project where funding is not yet certain, but we are recruiting in expectation that we will win the grant.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Public Health Worker Dominion Resources
Dominion Resources (HR) is a recruiting firm and is currently recruiting for the position of a public health worker. Interested candidate should forward his/her CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates will be contacted through sms and email for screening and interview.
Responsibilities:1. To work with the medical experts on the field.
- To write and document daily activities done on the field.
- To clean and keep all equipments used on daily basis.
- To maintain standard operating procedures at all times.
- Should be able to work on Microsoft word and excel
Education requirements: Ond
Qualification requirements: less than 1 year in Health & Beauty Jobs
Experience and skills requirements:1. Should be able to withstand pressure
- Should be able to work with or without supervision
- To be diligent and determined at all time
- Ready to work as a team so as to uplift the company.
- Should be ready to travel within and outside the country
6 Ready to learn new things
Work hours:40 hours per week