What is Prostate Milking?
Prostate milking or milking of the prostate involves direct stimulation of the prostate gland with the goal of expressing prostatic fluid, with or without orgasm. Massaging of the prostate spontaneously leads to the secretion of prostatic fluid otherwise known as prostate milk.
Is Milking The Prostate Good For Health?
All men, regardless of their age, should be concerned about their prostate health. Although prostate disorders such as prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and prostate cancer generally do not affect men until they are in their 40s or older. However, whenever symptoms of a prostate disease do occur, it is important to seek professional medical help with a diagnosis. Prostate milk is thought to help clear the prostatic duct and help eliminate some symptoms of prostatitis. Although it provides temporary relief such as ease of urination, and improved erection in some cases, there is no proof scientifically or otherwise to support the efficacy and effectiveness of this therapy. There are natural prevention and treatment approaches for prostate health apart from prostate milking and massage, these include acupuncture, biofeedback, homeopathy, hormone restoration, reflexology, and stress management techniques. Read Do Prostate Massages Help Prevent Cancer
However, studies have shown that prostate massage and prostate milking procedures are not useful treatment options for bacterial prostatitis. In addition, male prostate milking is not recommended or officially sanctioned as a mode of treatment in western medicine. The practice of prostate massage using any technique is also not without dangers or side effects.SEE Prostate Massage Therapy For Erectile Dysfunction
How to Improve Prostate Health
There are several ways to improve prostate health and reduce your risk of developing prostate cancer apart from prostate milking procedures, these include:
– Maximize your intake of fruits and vegetables, they are excellent sources of anticancer and anti-inflammatory compounds such as antioxidants.
– Eat healthy fatty fish such as salmon, they are rich in omega 3 fats which help to fight inflammation, a process that destroys the body’s natural antioxidants and weakens the immune system. In addition, choose plant protein over animal protein.
– Eat whole and natural foods rich in fiber, they help lower the levels of testosterone and lower PSA scores.
-Consume green tea, which contains catechins, a type of antioxidants that can slow cancer cell growth, and promote cancer cell death.
– Avoid foods and additives that harm the prostate such as red meat, calcium, chondroitin, and foods high in sugar, they undermine prostate health
– Consume foods and supplements with cancer-killing properties such as lycopene, turmeric/curcumin, folic acid, and vitamin D.
– Maintain a healthy weight, being overweight or obese is linked with a higher risk of prostate cancer, lower long-term survival rate, and more aggressive forms of the disease.
– Exercise regularly as it not only helps slow the spread of prostate cancer but also has a preventive effect on inflammation, prostatitis, and BPH.
– Manage stress, long-term stress can weaken the immune system, alter your hormonal balance, and make you more susceptible to prostate cancer.
-Avoid smoking and alcohol, they have a negative effect on prostate health. In addition, getting adequate sleep can help boost your ability to fight off diseases naturally.
-Maintain a safe and healthy sex life, having multiple sexual partners can increase your risk of many forms of cancers.
-Avoid exposure to harmful chemicals and toxins
Read: How To Detect Prostate Cancer