What is Prostate massage ?
Prostate massage refers to the stimulation of the prostate gland in male for medical purposes or sexual stimulation. In medicine, the male prostate is massaged as part of a procedure for obtaining prostatic secretion (EPS) specimen for microbiological culture and microscopy in prostatitis screening. The procedure (digitial rectal examination) is routinely carried out on men by urologists as part of prostate cancer diagnosis.
What is Prostate Milking ?
Massaging of the prostate spontaneously leads to the secretion of prostatic fluid otherwise known as prostate milk . This fluid is thought to help clear the prostatic duct and help eliminate some symptoms of prostatitis. Although it provides temporary relief such as ease of urination, and improved erection in some cases, there is no proof scientifically or otherwise to support the efficacy and effectiveness of this therapy.Studies have shown that prostate massage and prostate milking are not useful treatment options for bacterial prostatitis. In addition, male prostate milking is not recommended or officially sanctioned as a mode of treatment in western medicine. The practice of prostate massage using any technique is also not without dangers or side effects.
Definition of Prostate Milking?
Prostate milking or milking of the prostate involves direct stimulation of the prostate gland with the goal of expressing prostatic fluid, with or without orgasm.
How to Milk or Massage the Prostate?
Milking prostate procedure involves the use of a finger or prostate massager inserted anally to reach the prostate gland, which is then stimulated using a variety of techniques. There are two techniques on how to milk prostate depending on which method the individual find more convenient these are :
1.The internal prostate massage
2. The external prostate massage
What are The Health Benefits of Prostate Milking and Massage?
There are several reasons why people engage in the practice of prostate stimulation. in this section we will explore some of the health benefits of prostate massage therapy and side effects of prostate stimulation, milking and massage. Milking the prostate gland benefits includes:
Medical Benefits such as Prostate Digital Examination (PDE)– Prostate massage and milking the prostate medical procedure is actually a part of Prostate Digital Examination (PDE). It is carried out to detect prostate cancer nodules and obtaining prostatic secretion (EPS) specimen for prostatitis screening.
Risk of Cancer Reduction – The information provided by the PDE procedure is very important for the improvement of prostate health and the prevention and reduction of risk related to cancer.Read : Do Prostate Massages Help Prevent Cancer
Pain Reduction – One of the benefits of prostate massage therapy is pain relief. The fluid secretion from the prostate gland is often helpful in reducing the pain that is associated with prostate conditions. Frequently flushing the prostate by milking can prevent the development of further prostate disorders. Prostate massage and milking therapy may also ease fluid blockages in your reproductive system and relieve the discomfort or pain while ejaculating.
Boost Testosterone Levels– The process of prostate milking and massage is accompanied by a lot of sensation that could boost testosterone level. In a study published in the archives of sexual behavior published on springer, the researchers took saliva samples of testosterone from their 44 subject males before they entered a sex club, and then waited outside for them to return to take another sample. They found out that the men who had sex inside with a woman, experienced 72% increase in testosterone, whereas the men who only watched the act, noticed a 11% increase in the hormone. Orgasm is associated with with testosterone increase.
Erectile dysfunction Treatment – Before the advent of modern methods of treating erectile dysfunction in men, prostate massage and milking were used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED). In some parts of the world, some men still use this benefit of prostate massage therapy to overcome or cure premature ejaculation either alone or in combination with other treatments for erectile dysfunction. Read: Why Do I Ejaculate Quickly
Ease of Urination -Another benefits of prostate massage therapy is ease of urination . The prostate surrounds your urethra and prostatitis is characterized by urinary problems such as burning or painful urination, the urgent need to urinate, trouble voiding, difficult or painful ejaculation, and pain in the area between the scrotum and rectum (known as the perineum) or lower back. If prostate massage therapy helps eliminate some of that swelling, your urine flow may improve significantly.
What are The Side Effects Of Prostate Milking and Prostate Massage Therapies?
Milking the prostate side effects include
– Performing a Prostatic massage on patients with acute prostatitis could result in severe medical consequences because of the tendency of the infection to spread to other parts of the body.(this includes cancer if present)
– Prostate massage or therapy could exacerbate or worsen the symptoms of acute prostatitis.
– Massaging the prostate gland wrongly especially with electronic or mechanical devices could significantly impair, harm , or limit the capabilities of male reproductive system.
– Unusual movement around the prostate gland could also lead to bleeding around the prostate.
– Individuals with hemorrhoids are at a high risk of flare-ups and the attendant pain, itching, burning and even bleeding if they engage in these therapies due to increased stress levels precipitated by the pain and discomfort around the rectum.
Foods that improve Prostate Health
Several factors including diet have a significant influence on prostate health. While the consumption of certain types of food have been shown to significantly improve prostate health, some others have a detrimental effect on it.
1. Eating at least five servings of deep bright colored fruits and vegetables per day will have a favorable effect on the prostate.
2. Whole grain diets such as whole-grain bread and cereals instead of white flour alternatives is good for the prostate.
3. Controlling the consumption of red meat such as pork , beef, lamb and processed meats including bologna and hot dogs can significantly improve overall well-being including prostate health.
4. Choosing to get proteins from beans, fish, skinless poultry, eggs and other healthier substitutes could also have a favorable impact on prostate health.
5. Avoiding saturated fats as much as possible and replacing same with healthy alternatives such as olive oil, soy oil and other unsaturated oils will also benefit the prostate.
6. Avoiding excessive intake of carbohydrates , sugar-sweetened and carbonated drinks which increase the accumulation of visceral fats will have a positive impact on prostate health.
7. Reducing salt intake is beneficial for prostate health because low salt intake also means lower sodium levels for most people.
8. One important measure that can improve prostate health is quantity of food consumed.
watching portion sizes is critical for healthy weight which also has a significant impact on prostate health.
Healthy alternative to Prostate Massage and Prostate Milking
Staying active is critical for prostate health and regular exercise have been shown to cut down the risk of developing most chronic diseases including stroke, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
A research involving 30,000 men which examined the relationship between physical activity and Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) symptoms reported that there was an inverse relationship between physical activity and BPH symptoms,indicating that the more physically active men are,the less likely they are to suffer from BPH.
Although there is scarcity of studies relating to the benefits of prostate massage for BPH, a closer examination of data from the above research also found a direct relationship between erectile dysfunction and exercise. Researchers found that men who did three hours of rigorous outdoor exercises or ran for an hour and a half per week were 20% less likely to develop erectile dysfunction than men who do not exercise.
In addition, an Italian research involving 231 randomly selected sedentary men with chronic prostatitis assigned to one or two exercise programs for 18 weeks reported that aerobic exercise had a favourable impact on prostatitis pain, quality of life , anxiety and depression. Click Here to Read : The 7 Things Sexually Transmitted Disease Destroy