What is Enterogermina Oral Suspension?
Enterogermina Oral Suspension is an anti-microbial agent for the intestine that contains anti-diarrhoeic microorganisms, multiantibiotic-resistant Bacillus clausii, 2 thousand million spores for treating intestinal bacterial flora disorders. The drug is produced by a pharmaceutical company known as Sanofi Pharmaceuticals.
How Does Enterogermina Oral Suspension Work?
We use antibiotics to kill harmful disease causing bacteria. But the unnecessary and excessive use of antibiotics often kill our helpful intestinal bacteria and obstruct the balance in the gastro intestinal tract, making us more susceptible to a wide variety of diseases and conditions. Enterogermina restores the intestinal floral balance lost during treatment with antibiotics or chemotherapeutic products, helping to correct consequent dysvitaminosis conditions (that is, anomalous vitamin production and assimilation).
Is Enterogermina Oral Suspension safe for infants and babies?
Enterogermina 2 thousand million/ 5 ml oral suspension is very effective for the treatment of diarrhea, as it is a probiotic which not only restores, but also balances the intestinal flora (healthy bacteria). It can also be used in breastfeeding infants to cure acute and chronic gastrointestinal disorders caused by intoxication or bacterial flora disorders with anomalous production and assimilation of vitamins.
What are the uses and benefits of Enterogermina Oral Suspension?
Enterogermina has a wide variety of uses, especially those relating to the gastrointestinal tract. In general, the drug is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions, and symptoms:
- Diarrhea (acute & chronic)
- Infection in intestines
- Bacterial imbalance in body
- Side effects of antibiotics
- Respiratory tract infection
- Virus-induced diarrhea
- Probiotic agent
- Anti-microbial agent
- Amoebic dysentery.
What are the side effects of Enterogermina?
There are no reported side effects of Enterogermina and it is safe for pregnant women, breastfeeding babies, children, senior citizens and octogenarians. There are also no reported side effects on discontinuing the treatment. However, you should discontinue the use of this drug if you notice any unwanted symptoms immediately after its usage. Consult your physician if you experience any of the following side effects:
- Acute toxicity
- Skin rash
- Stomach upset
What is the Dosage of Enterogermina Oral Suspension?
- Enterogermina dosage for breastfeeding infants: 1 or 2 bottles per day (one in the morning, and one at night).
- Enterogermina dosage for Kids: 1 or 2 bottles or capsules per day.
- Enterogermina dosage for Adults: 2 to 3 bottles or capsules per day (One each in the morning, afternoon and night).
Contraindications Of Enterogermina Oral Suspension
Enterogermina is not recommended for use by persons known to be allergic to any of its constituents or ingredients contained in Enterogermina. Consult your doctor for further information on this. Drinking Distilled Water While Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Composition of Enterogermina
Enterogermina Oral Suspension is a probiotic drug. Therefore, it is only natural that the drug contains healthy bacteria which are essential for the gut. Enterogermina Oral Suspension uses the Bacillus Clausii which has around 2 billion spores.
The characteristics of the bacteria can be defined as follows:
- It is a rod-shaped bacteria
- It is gram positive
- It also is capable of forming spores and lives in the soil
- It has a record of having a symbiotic relationship with the host it attaches itself to.
- It maintains the probiotic balance of the body and supports the intestinal bacterial flora to maintain the balance.
How Enterogermina Oral Suspension Works?
The composition is a bacterium which intends to maintain your gut health such that it eases all the subsequent digestive processes. The capsule or the medicine adds extra bacteria to your gut and improves the anti-microbial property which promotes faster healing.
Precautions and Warnings Related to Enterogermina Oral Suspension?
Different drugs react differently when multiple medicines are consumed at the same time. Over a period of time, the resistance starts to build up and the drug stops showing the intended effects. There are cases where the drug has been too high in dose, yet it does not work as it is expected to. This could be basically because of the other medicines being consumed such as vitamins, minerals, some inhibitors so on and so forth.
As a standard measure of precaution, you should always:
- Consume the contents of the Enterogermina medicine within 30mins of opening it
- You should always take the prescribed dose only and not over dose on it.
- It is for oral consumption only and should not be taken as an interveinal drug.
- Clumps of spores are normal and can be taken without any issues.
- Always consult the doctor before consuming Enterogermina Oral Suspension.
How to take Enterogermina?
- Unscrew and remove the top of the cap.
- Shake it before use.
- Take the medicine as it is or dilute it with lukewarm water or any other drink such as milk or orangeade.
Substitutes For Enterogermina
You can try taking Vibact DS Capsules or Becelac PB Capsules instead of Enterogermina
Enterogermina Interactions with other drugs:
Depends on the drugs you have been taking simultaneously with the prescribed dosage. Consult your doctor for detailed information. There are certain situations in which the medicine may interact and cause some unwanted side effects.
Interaction with Alcohol
Consumption of medicine with alcohol may alter the effectiveness of Enterogermina. Consult the doctor before taking the medicine to avoid adverse effects
Is Enterogermina Banned?
Enterogermina is legal everywhere in the world. It is recommended to take this medicine as per doctor’s description only.
When is Enterogermina Oral Suspension prescribed?
Enterogermina is a probiotic. It is prescribed to treat various symptoms related to diarrhea caused due to consumption of poisonous substance, infection, medicines etc. It is advisable to use Enterogermina post consulting a doctor.
1) Is Enterogermina Oral Suspension safe for pregnant women?
Ans: Yes. Enterogermina Oral Suspension is safe for pregnant women
2) Is Enterogermina Oral Suspension safe for the old and infants?
Ans: Yes. Enterogermina Oral Suspension is safe for the old and infants
3) Can I use Enterogermina Oral Suspension for diarrhea?
Ans: Yes, Enterogermina can be used to treat diarrhea. The balance of the intestinal flora gets disturbed during diarrhea. Enterogermina is very effective for the treatment of diarrhea. Enterogermina is a probiotic which not only restores and balances the amount of intestinal flora in the body.
4) Can I stop the consumption of Enterogermina?
Ans: It is advised not to stop the consumption of Enterogermina without consulting a doctor. Keep taking it for as long as the doctor has asked you to do so. Do not change the dose or ween of the consumption of medicine without consulting the doctor.
5) Is Enterogermina a probiotic?
Enterogermina Oral Suspension is a probiotic a natural drug that contains healthy bacteria Bacillus clausii