Everyone knows that boobs can be either big or small, but overly large breasts in our society come with a lot of baggage, both good and bad. But extremely large breasts may also be a health issue.
Big breast size is linked to a number of physical problems, due to the weight of the breasts and their size. Problems include:
- Headaches. Large breasts have also been linked to migraine headaches.
- Inability to Exercise. Large breasts make it difficult for women to exercise, perform daily chores, or even pick up their children. The lack of physical activity can have long-range consequences on their health.
- Numbness. Some women report numbness in their breasts from the excess weight. Others report numbness in the fingers, hands, and arms, which happens when the weight of the breasts and poor posture compress nerve pathways.
- Pain. The weight of large breasts can sag easily and cause pain in the neck, shoulder, and back. In addition, the breasts themselves may be painful simply because of the excess weight.
- Rashes. Large breasts trap heat and moisture underneath them, causing chronic rashes or skin infections.
- Shortness of Breath. The excess weight on the chest can lead to shortness of breath.
- Shoulder Grooves. Bras may not fully support the breasts and lead to deep grooves in the shoulder where bra straps are located. Bras with wider straps can help somewhat, but may not eliminate the grooves.
How to determine your bra size
You’ll need three different measurements to determine your overall breast size, including:
- length across your breasts (bust)
- length around your torso (band)
- overall breast volume (cup)
You can find your bust size by wrapping a measuring tape around your body where your breasts are fullest — usually over your nipples — while wearing a bra.
Your band size is the length around your torso, which you can find by wrapping a measuring tape around your body just below your bust.
You can find your cup size by calculating the difference between your bust size and your band size. Consult a sizing chart to determine which cup letter this figure corresponds to.
What is VapoRub Vicks?
Vicks VapoRub Topical is a topical medication that emits medicated vapors. It is used to temporarily relieve minor aches and pains of muscles and joints. It is also used to temporarily relieve cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold. It starts working quickly for adults to relieve symptoms.
The active ingredients in Vicks VapoRub Topical are as follows:
Regular: Camphor (synthetic) 4.8% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic) Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant) Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
Lemon: Camphor (synthetic) 4.7% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic) Eucalyptus oil 1.2% (Cough suppressant) Menthol 2.6% (Cough suppressant and topical analgesic)
How to use Vicks VapoRub
For cough suppression, rub a thick layer of Vicks VapoRub on your chest and throat. Cover with a warm, dry cloth, if desired. Keep clothing loose about your throat and chest to help the vapors to reach the nose and mouth. For muscle and joint aches and pains, apply Vicks VapoRub onto the affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily.
Vicks VapoRub should only be used in adults and children 2 years and over:
For cough suppression
- Rub a thick layer on the throat and chest
- Cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
- Keep clothing loose about the throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth
- Use up to three times daily or as directed by a doctor
For muscle, joint minor aches, and pains
- Apply to the affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
Does Vicks VapoRub Topical Ointment Help to Reduce Breast Size?
No, Vicks VapoRub cannot help you reduce your breast size. In fact, camphor the major active ingredient in Vicks VapoRub can cause some side effects such as redness and irritation of the breast skin.
In addition, applying Vicks Vaporub help to reduce breast size and other camphor-containing products can be very dangerous especially if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, as it has the potential to cause birth defects.
A nursing big breast-sized woman trying to use Vicks Vaporub to help to reduce breast size exposes her breastfeeding child to serious danger because ingesting camphor has been shown to be fatal to toddlers, even in small doses. It can also cause seizures in children under the age of two years.
So don’t waste your time learning how to reduce breast size with Vicks, because it does not work and will only cause you harm.
How To Reduce Breast Size Naturally
There are several ways you can reduce the size of your breast without exposing yourself to danger, they include:
Breast reducing diet
Your breasts are partly composed of fatty tissue, so any increase or decrease in body weight could also affect breast size. Having more fat in your body could make for larger breasts, while less fat can mean smaller breasts. Maintaining a balance of exercise and a healthy diet will optimize your weight loss and decrease your breast size. Eating more calories than you burn causes you to accumulate fat and makes your breasts grow.
According to the Mayo Clinic, reducing your intake by 500 to 1,000 calories a day will typically help you lose weight — including breast fat — at a safe and sustainable pace of about 1 to 2 pounds per week. Lean meats, fish, fruits, and vegetables are foods that help to burn fat outside of your regular workout. Eating fewer processed foods and sweets will also help you shed pounds faster.
Breast reducing exercise
The chest muscles beneath the breasts and the connective tissue within the breasts support their weight but do not contribute to their size. Therefore, working out does not directly affect the breast tissue, but exercising and strengthening the surrounding muscles can enhance the appearance of the chest. It’s also important to exercise regularly if you’re trying to lose weight and shrink your breast size naturally. The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans recommend adults do 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity (or 75 minutes of intense cardio) and at least two strength training sessions per week. This simple exercise helps tone the chest muscles and reduce breast size.
- Lie chest down on a rubber mat.
- Put the hands next to the shoulders, lift the body using hands and pull the stomach in.
- Try staying in this position for a few seconds and make sure the body is in a straight line.
- Do a set of pushups every day as per the strength of your body.
Pushups are a great form of exercise to reduce breast size.
Breast Reduction Surgery
Breast reduction surgery, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure used to remove excess fat, tissue, and skin from the breasts. If you have large breasts, you might choose to have breast reduction surgery to ease discomfort or to achieve a breast size proportionate to your body. A mammoplasty, the technical term for breast reduction removes excess fat and glandular tissue to shrink your breast size and relieve neck, shoulder, or back pain, according to the American Society for Plastic Surgery.
Note: Any surgery is invasive and carries risks, so be sure to cover any concerns in a thorough discussion with your doctor.