Cucumber juice is produced by pressing out, squeezing, blending, or exerting any form of pressure on the cucumber vegetable capable of forcing out its puree. The juice has a water content of 98% and one ounce of cucumber juice produces around 9 kcal (38 kJ) of energy.
Cucumber Nutrition Facts
- Iron: iron, a component of cucumber is a vital element for the production of red blood cells which transports oxygen though out the body. Iron also plays a key role in specific processes within the cell that leads to the production of energy for the body, which explains why a deficiency of iron often leads to tiredness and fatigue.
- Vitamin C: also on the list of cucumber juice nutrition is vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant and an immune booster that promotes healing. Vitamin C is also important for the growth and repair of tissues in all parts of the body. It aids the body in the production of collagen, an important protein used by the body to produce skin, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, and blood vessels.
- Vitamin K: this vitamin is very important for kidney health and for building strong bones. It plays a vital role in blood clotting which prevents excessive loss of blood after tissue damage making vitamin K one of the most important vitamins on the cucumber nutrition facts list.
- Potassium: cucumber nutrition facts list also contains potassium which is regarded as one of the most important electrolytes in the body. It plays a crucial role in cardiovascular function and musculoskeletal contraction, making it vital for normal digestive and muscular functions.
- Copper: cucumber juice is a good source of copper which is important for the production of neurotransmitters a vital chemical for communication between brain cells.
- Sterols: sterols are critical components of the cell membranes where they control membrane fluidity and permeability determining what goes in and out
Cucumber Juice Nutritional Facts
A cup of cucumbers juice Contains
- Zero protein,
- Zero fat
- 17 milligrams of vitamin K
- 3 milligrams of vitamin C
- 6 milligrams magnesium
- 152 milligrams potassium
- 8 milligrams manganese
- 16 Calories
What Does Cucumber Do In The Body?
Cucumber Juice is a Natural Diuretic – Cucumber juice is a well-known natural diuretic. It contains 98% water and a good amount of silicon and sulfur which makes it one of the best natural diuretics. The Silicon and sulfur content of cucumber juice induces the kidneys to eliminate uric acids and other waste products from the body while simultaneously providing enough potassium vital for optimal body function.
Cucumber Juice is an Excellent Detoxifying Agent –Cucumbers are good friends of the digestive system because of their cleansing effect on the liver, which is the body’s main detoxifying organ. They do this by eliminating accumulated toxins and waste materials from the blood and gut.
Cucumber Juice is an Anti-diabetic Agent– Recent studies have established a clear relationship between cucumber and diabetes. Cucumber juice contains an important hormone needed by the beta cells of the pancreas to produce insulin a vital process that is important in the management of diabetes.
Cucumber Juice Slows Ageing – Researchers from the Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences in Haryana, India, who evaluated the impact of the presence of flavonoids and tannins in cucumber extract, after the preliminary phytochemical screening, suggested that these compounds might be responsible for the free radical scavenging and analgesic effects of the extract. Cucumbers also contain some very powerful polyphenol compounds that help the body to naturally slow down aging caused by oxidative stress.
Cucumber Juice is Packed with Cancer-Fighting Agents- The presence of many bioactive compounds in cucumber juice including cucurbitacins, glucosides, lignans, apigenin and flavanols like first confers cucumber juice with cancer-fighting properties. These compounds have strong cancer-fighting abilities and can protect cells and Deoxyribonucleic acids (DNA) from damage due to oxidative stress. A study conducted by researchers from the University of Valencia in Spain reported that cucurbitacins antioxidants, a type of triterpene compound, can induce cancer cell death.
Cucumber is a Weight loss Agent – Cucumber juice is low in calories but very rich in nutrients and water. Eating cucumber increase the feeling of fullness which delays hunger leading to less food consumption and eventual weight loss.
Cucumber juice Helps to Improve Heart Health –Cucumber juice contains lignans which are beneficial for fighting cardiovascular diseases. Studies have found beneficial associations with lower levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL), C-reactive protein levels, and improved blood pressure levels. Cucumber juice is also a good source of important minerals that help maintain a healthy heart, this includes potassium which is linked to healthier blood pressure levels, and magnesium which is critical for general nerve function, regulation of heartbeat, fluid balance, better blood sugar stability, and higher energy expenditure.
Cucumber Juice Improves Digestion and Relieves Constipation- Cucumber juice is an excellent remedy for recurrent and chronic constipation. The seeds of a cucumber exert a healing and heat-reducing effect on the body which naturally relieves constipation.
Cucumber Promotes Optimal Blood pH –A study published in the Journal of Environmental Public Health reported that “Life on earth depends on optimal pH levels in and around living organisms and cells. The disruption in the pH of a human body could significantly disrupt normal body function with potential consequences for health and well-being. Cucumber juice is one of the major alkaline foods that aid the balancing of the body’s pH level, they do this by counteracting the effects of an acidic diet.
Other important benefits of cucumber nutrition include naturally remedying headaches, and premenstrual syndrome fighting pain, and skin irritations, and improving digestion due to the nourishing effects of its seeds.
Cucumber Juice Recipe
Public Health Nigeria an Interdisciplinary public health movement focused on health education, advancing fair public health policies, promoting fitness, healthy diets, responsible behavior, community health and general well-being.