- The attention of the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (hereinafter known as MLSCN) has been drawn to adverts in flyers and handbills by certain Colleges/Universities calling for admission from unsuspecting members of the public into the following programmes
- Medical Laboratory Technician/Assistant programmes (MLT/A)
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (BMLS) programme
- The adverts by these under listed institutions state that these programmes are run alone and in some cases in affiliation with other institutions which are not approved or accredited by MLSCN. The concerned institutions are:
- City College of Health Science and Technology, Zaria, Kaduna State in affiliation with Alpha Higher Institute Douala, Cameroon, University of Buea, Cameroon and University of Duala, Cameroon (MLT/A and BMLS programmes)
- Imperial College of Health and Nursing Science, Kano, Kano State in affiliation with Alpha Higher Institute Douala, Cameroon, University of Buea, Cameroon, University of Duala, Cameroon and University of Bamenda, Cameroon (MLT/A and BMLS programmes)
- Royal College of Public Health Technology, Iwo, Osun State (MLT/A programme)
- Hill City University Cotonou, Republic of Benin, Gwagwalada Campus.
- Existence Consults Ltd, Opp. Harmony Event Centre by Ada-George, Port Harcourt in affiliation with Adonai, Adonia University with campuses in Cotonou, Parakou, Calavi in Republic of Benin and Lome, Kara in Togo and Cote D’ivoire.
It should be noted that MLSCN has neither approved nor accredited any of the above institutions or their affiliates to run the MLT/A and BMLS programmes.
Therefore, any member of the general public that enrols for the above-mentioned programmes in these institutions does so at his or her own risk.
Consequently, MLSCN absolves itself of any liability that may arise therefrom and issues this disclaimer in the interest of the general public.
In order to be aware of the MLSCN approved training institutions for BMLS & MLT/A programmes, kindly visit our website at www.mlscn.gov.ng