Nivolumab, sold under the brand name Opdivo, is a medication used to treat a number of types of cancer. This includes. This medication is used ;
- For the treatment of patients with unresectable or metastatic melanoma and disease progression in combination with ipilimumab and, if BRAF V600 mutation positive, a BRAF inhibitor.
- For the treatment of patients with metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with progression on or after platinum-based chemotherapy. Or in combination with ipilimumab as first-line treatment whose tumors express PD-L1, with no EGRF or ALK genomic tumor abnormalities.
- Treatment of advanced renal cell cancer in patients who have received prior anti-angiogenic therapy. Or in combination with Ipilimumab.
- Treatment of patients with classical Hodgkins lymphoma (cHL) that has relapsed or progressed after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) and post-transplantation brentuximab vedotin.
- Treatment of patients with recurrent or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN) with disease progression on or after a platinum-based therapy.
- Treatment of locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma who have disease progression during or following platinum-containing chemotherapy.
- Treatment of metastatic small cell lung cancer (SCLC) with progression after platinum-based chemotherapy and at least one other line of therapy.
- For treatment of adult and pediatric patients with unresectable or metastatic, mircosatellite instability-high (MSI-H) or mismatch repair deficient solid tumors or colorectal cancer that have progressed following prior treatment.
- For treatment of patients with hepatocellular cancer (HCC) who have been previously treated with sorafenib.
- For patients with unresectable advanced, recurrent or metastatic esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (ESCC) after prior fluoropyrimidine- and platinum-based chemotherapy
Find the FDA Opdivo (Nivolumab) Package Insert in PDF belowNivolumab Package Insert
SEE: Stage 4 Lung Cancer Life Expectancy Without Treatment