Fildena 100mg also known as “Triangle Pills or purple pills contains sildenafil citrate which is used to treat erectile dysfunction or impotence in men. It is also used to increase blood flow in certain body areas. It is member of PDE5 inhibitor medicines. Erectile dysfunction is the inability to get or keep an erection firm enough to have sexual intercourse. It’s sometimes referred to as impotence, although this term is now used less often. Many men experience it during times of stress. Frequent ED, however, can be a sign of health problems that need treatment. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship difficulties that may need to be addressed by a professional.
Men can have trouble getting an erection at younger and older ages, but older men have an increased risk of erectile dysfunction. About 45% of men aged 65 to 74 develop ED. Erectile dysfunction is not as common for younger men to experience; it affects about a quarter (26%) of men under the age of 40. Some studies have shown the prevalence of ED to be only 8% for men aged 20 to 29.
What causes an erection?
ED can occur because of problems at any stage of the erection process. An erection is the result of increased blood flow into your penis. Blood flow is usually stimulated by either sexual thoughts or direct contact with your penis. When a man is sexually excited, muscles in the penis relax. This allows for increased blood flow through the penile arteries, filling two chambers inside the penis. As the chambers fill with blood, the penis grows rigid.An erection ends when the muscles contract and the accumulated blood can flow out through the penile veins.While ED itself is primarily a result of a lack of blood flow to the penis, there are multiple causes of the condition. Heart disease, high cholesterol, obesity, coronary artery disease, diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, metabolic syndrome, low testosterone levels, kidney disease, and prostate cancer are the most common risk factors of ED.
Important Information About Fildena 100mg
Do not take Fildena 100 if you are also using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems, including nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, and some recreational drugs such as “poppers”. Taking Fildena 100 with a nitrate medicine can cause a sudden and serious decrease in blood pressure.
Some medicines can cause unwanted or dangerous effects when used with Fildena 100. Tell your doctor about all your current medicines, especially riociguat (Adempas). Do not take Fildena 100 with riociguat.
Contact your doctor or seek emergency medical attention if your erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours. A prolonged erection (priapism) can damage the penis.
Stop using Fildena 100 and get emergency medical help if you have sudden vision loss.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use Fildena 100 if you are allergic to it, or:
if you take other medicines to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension, such as riociguat (Adempas).
Do not take this medicine if you are also using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems. This includes nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, and isosorbide mononitrate. Nitrates are also found in some recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate or nitrite (“poppers”). Taking Fildena 100 with a nitrate medicine can cause a sudden and serious decrease in blood pressure. To make sure Fildena 100 is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have ever had:
- heart problems (chest pain, a heart rhythm disorder, heart attack);
- high or low blood pressure;
- blood circulation problems;
- retinitis pigmentosa (an inherited condition of the eye);
- blindness in one or both eyes;
- bleeding problems;
- a stomach ulcer;
- pulmonary veno-occlusive disease (PVOD);
- liver or kidney disease;
- a blood cell disorder such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia;
- a physical deformity of the penis (such as Peyronie’s disease); or
- if you have been told you should not have sexual intercourse for health reasons.
Fildena 100 can decrease blood flow to the optic nerve of the eye, causing sudden vision loss. This has occurred in a small number of people taking Fildena 100, most of whom also had heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or certain pre-existing eye problems, and in those who smoked or were over 50 years old. It is not clear whether this medicine is the actual cause of vision loss.
This medicine is not expected to harm an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Women with pulmonary arterial hypertension should not stop taking Fildena 100 without talking to their doctor.
It is not known whether Fildena 100 passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby. Women with pulmonary arterial hypertension should not stop taking Fildena 100 without talking to their doctor. Do not give this medication to anyone under 18 years old without medical advice.
How should I take Fildena 100?
Take Fildena 100 exactly as it was prescribed for you. Follow all directions on your prescription label and read all medication guides or instruction sheets. Fildena 100 is usually taken only when needed, 30 minutes to 1 hour before sexual activity. You may take it up to 4 hours before sexual activity. Do not take Fildena more than once per day.
Fildena super active pill can help you have an erection when sexual stimulation occurs. An erection will not occur just by taking a pill. Follow your doctor’s instructions. During sexual activity, if you become dizzy or nauseated, or have pain, numbness, or tingling in your chest, arms, neck, or jaw, stop and call your doctor right away. You could be having a serious side effect of Fildena 100.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Since Fildena 100 is used as needed, you are not likely to miss a dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line
What should I avoid while taking Fildena 100?
Drinking alcohol with Fildena 100 can cause side effects.
Grapefruit may interact with Fildena 100 and lead to unwanted side effects. Avoid the use of grapefruit products.
Avoid using any other medicines to treat impotence, such as alprostadil or yohimbine, without first talking to your doctor.
Fildena 100 side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Fildena 100: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.Stop taking Fildena 100 and get emergency medical help if you have:
heart attack symptoms – chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating;
- vision changes or sudden vision loss;
- erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis);
- ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss;
- irregular heartbeat;
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- shortness of breath;
- seizure (convulsions); or
- a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out.
- Common Fildena 100 side effects may include:
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- headache, dizziness;
- heartburn, nausea, or upset stomach
- abnormal vision (blurred vision, changes in color vision)
- runny or stuffy nose, nosebleeds;
- sleep problems (insomnia); or
- muscle pain, back pain.
- This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What other drugs will affect Fildena 100?
- Do not take Fildena 100 with similar medications such as avanafil (Stendra), tadalafil (Cialis) or vardenafil (Levitra). Tell your doctor about all other medications you use for erectile dysfunction.
- Do not take Fildena super active if you take other medicines to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension, such as riociguat (Adempas).
- Do not take Fildena 100 if you are also using a nitrate drug for chest pain or heart problems. This includes nitroglycerin, isosorbide dinitrate, and isosorbide mononitrate. Nitrates are also found in some recreational drugs such as amyl nitrate or nitrite (“poppers”). Taking Fildena 100 with a nitrate medicine can cause a sudden and serious decrease in blood pressure.
In addition, tell your doctor about all your other medicines, especially:
- drugs to treat high blood pressure or a prostate disorder;
- antifungal medicine – ketoconazole or itraconazole; or
- medicine to treat HIV/AIDS – ritonavir and others.
This list is not complete. Other drugs may interact with Fildena 100, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Not all possible drug interactions are listed here.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use Fildena 100 only for the indication prescribed. Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances. ALSO SEE: Vidalista 20 MG: Everything You Should Know