Renerve Plus Capsule, is a rich Vitamin B12 supplement used to treat nerve damage, numbness, and diabetes. It is also used as a supplement for vitamin deficiency. It has Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromium, Folic Acid, Inositol, Methylcobalamin, Selenium, and Zinc use to replace the nerve damage and provide nutritional supplement required by the body. Renerve Plus Capsule is manufactured by Strides Arcolab.
How Renerve Plus Capsule Works
The main ingredients of Renerve plus capsule are:
- Methylcobalamine (Mecobalamine) ———- 1500 mcg
- Alpha Lipoic acid ———- 200 mg
- Inositol ———- 100 mg
- Folic acid ———- 1.5 mg
- Chromium Polynicotinate ———- 200 mcg
- Seleno Methionine ———– 55 mcg
- Zinc monomethionine ———– 25 mg
Renerve Plus provides nutrition required by the body to improve metabolism and help in regular uptake of vitamins and minerals. This is especially beneficial in cases where regular nutritional requirements are not met with food.
Vitamin B12 is the primary constituent of Renerve plus capsules which are essential for brain and production and maturing of red blood cells. It also helps in protecting integrity of nerve cells to promote their normal growth.
Vitamin B12 deficiency leads to anaemia (due to lack of/defective RBC production and maturation) and neuropathies (nerve damage).
Another constituent of Renerve Plus – Folic Acid – is essential for regulating body functions and lack of it can lead to anaemia in adults and developmental deformities in infants who are born to mothers with folic acid deficiency.
Alpha Lipoic acid is an anti-oxidant which helps to prevent damage to the body cells by oxidative stress.
Chromium is necessary for normal functioning of insulin hormones which maintains blood sugar.
Zinc is essential for normal growth of tissues and helps to repair damaged tissues while inositol maintains the chemical balance inside the body.
Selenium is an essential antioxidant which protects the body against oxidative stress and ageing.
Renerve Plus also helps in performing the following functions.
- Oxidative stress response in the patient
- Chelating iron
- Boosting the action of insulin
- To produce a normoblastic marrow by working on megaloblastic bone marrow
- Widening the blood vessels
- Help recovery process of damaged cells
- Neutralizing the effect of free radicals
- Helping in vital redox reactions in body
- Regulating the transport of intestinal fluid
- Ensuring mucosal integrity
- Boosting immunity
- Enhancing oxidative stress and gene expression.
What are the uses and benefits of Renerve plus?
The most common use of Renerve Plus is to treat nerve damage. Renerve plus is also used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions, and symptoms:
- Pain in neurological disorders
- Numbness and tingling
- Diabetic polyneuropathy
- Tingling or numbness
- Selenium deficiency
- Increased requirement of folate in the body during pregnancy
- Loss of weight
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Breathing problems in premature infant
- Keshan disease
Treatment of anemias of nutritional origin, pregnancy, infancy, or childhood.
Treatment of megaloblastic anemias due to a deficiency of folic acid.
- Eye diseases
- Panic disorder
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Lipid metabolism
- High cholesterol
- Burning mouth syndrome
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome
- Wilson’s disease
- Poor absorption of food
- Poor diet
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Age related vision loss
What is the dosage of Renerve Plus?
Renerve plus is a nutritional supplement which is an over the counter drug but must be taken as advised by the physician and at a fixed time every day. SEE: DBX-13 Review : Uses, Benefits, Side Effects, Pictures, Controversy
Dose of an adult: One or two Renerve Plus; as advised by the physician.
The duration of the treatment is decided as per the severity of the nutritional deficiency and response of the patient to the treatment.
Missed Dose: In case a dose of Renerve Plus is missed, one should take it as soon as they remember about it. In case it is already time for the next dose as per prescription, then the missed dose should be skipped and the next dose of Renerve Plus should be taken as scheduled. One should not take extra doses of Renerve Plus in order to make up for the missed dose.
Overdose: In case Renerve Plus is taken in a higher dose than prescribed, immediate medical attention must be sought.
Expired Dose: A single dose of expired Renerve Plus is unlikely to produce any side effects. However, in case one feels unwell, they must bring it to the notice of their physician. Expired Renerve Plus is unable to produce the desired result and hence may not cure the health condition for which it is prescribed.
What are the side effects of Renerve Plus?
Renerve Plus, like other medicines, has certain side effects which are commonly observed; irritability, altered sleep patterns, allergic reactions, sleeping disturbances, nausea, and vertigo are few of the side effects.
The following is a comprehensive list of possible side effects that may occur from the use of Renerve Plus. Some side-effects may be rare but can be serious. Consult a doctor if the patient observes any of the following side-effects:
- Stomach upset
- Impaired judgment
- Decreased vitamin b12 serum levels
- Seizures in epileptic patients receiving phenobarbital, primidone, or diphenylhydantoin
- Decreased diphenylhydantoin serum levels in folate-deficient patients
- Altered sleep patterns
- Allergic reactions
- Abdominal distension
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
- Chronic selenium toxicity
- Nail brittleness
- Skin rashes
- Nervous system abnormalities
- Loss of appetite
- Urge to vomit
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Postural hypotension
- Swelling of part or whole of the body
- Sensation of spinning
- Garlic breath odour
- Stomach cramps
- Bitter or bad taste
- Difficulty in concentrating
When to Avoid Renerve Plus
Here are some important side effects to be considered when on the course of Renerve Plus. In case of the following conditions, it is advisable to consult the doctor immediately.
- Aluminium toxicity due to prolonged usage of Renerve plus.
- Allergic reactions as a side-effect of using Renerve plus.
- Avoid alcohol consumption, especially if the patient is at risk of alcoholic cirrhosis.
- Take doctor’s advice in case of bleeding disorder.
- Take doctor’s advice in case of chronic kidney disease or underactive thyroid or skin cancer.
- Do not take Renerve Plus as the sole treatment for Diabetes.
- Do not overdose or take Renerve Plus without consulting doctor.
- Do not give Renerve plus if the patient is on any other prescribed or non-prescribed drugs.
- If the patient has any Liver disease, gastrointestinal disease, and sinus congestion.
- Take Renerve Plus only if prescribed by the physician.
- Take full course of treatment.
- Do not give Renerve plus if the patient is allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine or any of their excipient.
- Tell the physician if the patient is taking any medicine.
- Keep Renerve plus out of the reach of children.
- Drink plenty of liquids during medication.
- Tell the physician if the patient is suffering from any disease.
- Do not take Renerve Plus after the expiry date stated on the carton package.
- If the patient is Pregnant or planning to get pregnant
- If the patient is breast feeding an infant or planning to start breastfeeding
Substitutes for Renerve Plus:
- Vincomo Plus manufactured by Mas Life science.
- Nervact Plus Tablet manufactured by Sifco Pharma.
- Oxynerve Plus manufactured by CentreCon Pharma.
- Dianuron Plus Tablet manufactured by J S Laboratories.
- Nuroday tablet manufactured by Wockhardt Ltd.
Renerve Plus Interactions with Other Drugs:
If a patient is taking other drugs like some over the counter products or medicines along with Renerve Plus, the effects of Renerve Plus may produce different results.
It is best to inform the doctor about the use of herbal supplements, vitamins or any other drugs that the patient may be taking to allow them to make a dose adjustment and prevent drug interactions. The following drug interactions may occur:
- Aminosalicylic acid
- Armour Thyroid
- H2 blockers
- Proton pump inhibitors
- None reported
- Tetracycline antibiotics
- Thiazide diuretics
Renerve Plus FAQs:
1) Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming Renerve plus?
Ans: If the patient experiences symptoms such as drowsiness, dizziness, hypotension or headache as a side-affect post consumption of Renerve plus, the patient must not drive or operate heavy machinery. It is also strongly advised that the patient does not drink alcohol with medicines as alcohol aggravates the drowsiness effect of medicines.
2) At what frequency do I need to use Renerve plus?
Ans: The most common frequency for using renerve plus is once a day or twice a day. However, it’s best that the patient consults the doctor on how frequently to take Renerve Plus depending on the patient’s health condition.
3) Should I consume Renerve plus on empty stomach, before food or post consumption of food?
Ans: The most common usage of Renerve plus is after consumption of food. However, it is best to consult the doctor on how to use Renerve Plus. SEE: H 86 Cancer Fighting Drug Reviews
4) Is Renerve plus addictive or habit forming?
Ans: The government categorizes medicines that can be potentially addictive under ‘controlled substances’ category. In India, these medicines are categorized under schedule H or X. Therefore, one must refer to the product package to make sure that Renerve Plus does not belong to such special categorizations of medicine.
5) What are the effects of Renerve Plus Capsule on body organs?
Ans: There are no side effects of Renerve Capsule on body organs which are noticeable. However, the following effects may show:
- Protects cells against peroxidative damage by increasing the glutathione levels.
- Improves the action of antioxidants.
- Helps in haemoglobin production and keeps blood sugar level in a normal range.
- Maintains peripheral nerve function.
- Facilitates retina formation required for low light and colour vision.
- Increases intracellular levels of thiamine.
- Increases the red blood cells produced by the bone marrow.
6) What is the onset of action of Renerve Plus?
Ans: After starting Renerve Plus, the patient starts to feel recovered within one week to three weeks with the Renerve Plus therapy. The patient must follow the dose and duration of the drug as advised by the doctor in order to recover fully and improve the conditions.
7) What are the storage requirements of Renerve Plus?
- Renerve Plus must be stored at room temperature away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Keep Renerve Plus away from children and pets.
- The ideal temperature for storing Renerve Plus is below 25 degrees Celsius.
- A locked cupboard at least one-and-a-half meters above the ground is a good place to store medicines.
- Do not use Renerve Plus after the expiry date given on the label.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
- Ask the pharmacist on how to dispose of medicines no longer required.
8) What are some useful tips for taking Renerve Plus?
- It is advisable to not crush or chew the capsule as it may alter the rate of absorption of Renerve Plus.
- Renerve Plus must be consumed with or after meals as taking it empty stomach may lead to gastric irritation.
- Any kind of alteration in the dosage without doctor’s consultation can lead to side effects.
- It is advisable to go through the leaflet inside the package of Renerve Plus to have a better understanding of the drug.
9) What happens if a patient misses a dose of Renerve plus?
Ans: Nothing usually happens if a patient misses the dose of Renerve plus. However, one should take the medicine as per the instruction by the doctor for better effectiveness and to reduce the symptoms. One should take the medicine as soon as possible. Don’t take the medicine if it is time for the next dose.
10) What is Renerve plus used for?
Ans: Renerve plus is used to treat health problems like joint problems, nerve damage, anameia, appetite loss, alopecia and neauropathies. It can ne used for both body pain and fever. However, one should not take the medicine without the prescription of the doctor.
11) How should I take Renerve plus capsule?
Ans: The dose and duration of Renerve plus capsule should be strictly followed as per doctor’s instructions. You should swallow the medicine as a whole. Don’t break, crush or chew the medicine. Take Renerve plus capsule with a glass of water after food to avoid gastric problems. You should also not alter the dose without consultation with the doctor. In case, if the symptom doesn’t reduce, then you should immediately consult a doctor. You should also read the product label to take the medicine as per the direction.
12) What happens if I overdose on Renerve plus capsule?
Ans: You should take the medicine as per the prescribed dosage by the doctor as overdose of Renerve plus capsule may lead to serious side effects. In case of overdose, you should immediately consult a doctor.
13) What happens if I take an expired dose of Renerve plus capsule?
Ans: Expired dose of Renerve plus capsule may not have serious side effect on the body. However, you should not take the expired medicine as it may not be effective. In case, if you have taken a expired dose and any serious side effect occur then you should immediately consult a doctor.
14) When should I avoid taking Renerve plus capsule?
Ans: You should not take Renerve plus capsule if you have kidney disorder, liver disorder, allergy, gastric problem, cardiac arrhythmias and in case you are having allergy with any of the ingredient of the medicine.
15) What are the side effects of Renerve plus capsule?
Ans: Some of the common side effects of Renerve plus capsule are nausea, flatulence, vomiting, loss of appetite, vertigo, headache and altered sleeping pattern.
16) What are the reported allergic reactions for Renerve plus capsule?
Ans: Some of the common reported allergic reactions for Renerve plus capsule are swelling of the eye, rashes, loss of consciousness and breathlessness.
17) Can I take Renerve plus capsule when pregnant?
Yes, you can take the medicine when pregnant. However, one should take the medicine under proper medical supervision. You should inform the doctor if you are pregnant or if you are planning a pregnancy during the consultation.
18) What food items should I avoid while taking Renerve plus capsule?
Ans: There is no such food items that you need to avoid during the consumption of Renerve plus capsule.
19) Is it safe to take Renerve plus capsule during breastfeeding?
Ans: You should not take the medicine during breastfeeding as the drug may pass into the milk which can be harmful for the baby. In case if it’s necessary then consult the doctor for a suitable alternative for the medicine.
20) Can I give Renerve plus capsule children?
Ans: Yes, it can be given to children but it is advised to give the medicine after the proper prescription and consultation with the doctor.
21) Where can you buy Renerve plus capsule in Nigeria?
Ans: Renerve plus capsule is available in many online pharmacy site in Nigeria, it is also available at reputable pharmacy stores across the country.
21) What is the price of Renerve plus capsule in Nigeria?
The price of Renerve plus capsule in Nigeria ranges between =N= 7500 – 9000 depending on the pharmacy retailing outlet.