Levid 500mg Tab contain 500 milligrams of Levofloxacin which is used to treat a variety of bacterial infections. This medication belongs to a class of drugs known as quinolone antibiotics. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections.
How to use Levid 500mg Tab
Read the Medication Guide provided by your pharmacist before you start taking Levid 500mg Tab and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually once daily with or without food. Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication unless otherwise directed by your doctor.
Take this medication at least 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking other products that may make it work less well. Examples include quinapril, sucralfate, vitamins/minerals (including iron, zinc), and products that contain magnesium, aluminum, or calcium (such as antacids, didanosine solution, calcium-enriched juice), among others. Ask your pharmacist about all the products you take.
The dosage and length of treatment are based on your medical condition and response to treatment. In children, the dosage is also based on weight. For the best effect, take this antibiotic at evenly spaced times. To help you remember, take this medication at the same time every day.
Continue to take this medication until the full prescribed amount is finished, even if symptoms disappear after a few days. Stopping the medication too early may result in a return of the infection. Tell your doctor if your condition lasts or gets worse.
Missed a Dose
For optimum effect, doses of antibiotics should not be missed. If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it’s time for your next dose then skip the missed dose.
Contraindications of Levid 500mg Tab
- If you are allergic to Levofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone
- If you have history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
Side effects of Levid 500mg Tab
- Sleeping disorder
- Increased liver enzyme
Precautions and Warnings of Levid 500mg Tab
Q:Can I take Levid 500mg Tab during pregnancy?
A: Do not take Levid 500mg Tab if you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby. If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Q:Can I take Levid 500mg Tab while breastfeeding?
A: It is not known if Levid 500mg Tab can pass into human breast milk, however fluoroquinolones can pass into human breast milk and harm your child. Hence breast-feeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine or ask your doctor for another rmedicine
Q: Can I drive if I have consumed Levid 500mg Tab?
A: You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicineYou should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine
Q: Can I consume alcohol with Levid 500mg Tab?
A:You should avoid drinking excessive alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your age is 60 years or above
- You have diabetes
- You have history of fits
- You have any brain injury
- You have heart diseases, history of heart attack, very slow heart rate, salt imbalance
- You have kidney diseases
- You have liver diseases
- You have mental health problems
- If you have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells)
- You have myasthenia gravis, this medicine can cause muscle weakness and breathing difficulty
Mode of Action of Levid 500mg Tab
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by preventing bacterial growth caused by specific enzymes like DNA gyrase and topoisomerase IV that helps in DNA replication
Interactions of Levid 500mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines known as corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling
- Medicines uesd as blood thinners like warfarin
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like theophylline
- Medicines used as painkillers like aspirin, ibruprofen, fenbufen, ketoprofen and indomethacin
- Medicines used after organ transplants like ciclosporin
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like quinidine, hydroquinidine, disopyramide, amiodarone, sotalol, dofetilide, ibutilide
- Medicines used to treat depression like imipramine, amitriptyline
- Antibiotics like erythromycin, clarithromycin, azithromycin
- Medicines used to treat mental health conditions
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like methotrexate, cimentidine, probenicid
- Medicine used to treat HIV infections like didanosine
- Medicines or diatery supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium or sucralfate. Levofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicine as they reduce the effect of this med.
Interactions with food items
- This medicine can be taken with or without food
- Avoid taking this medicine with orange juice
- Dietary supplements that contain iron may affect the way this medicine works, therefore, this medicine should be taken two hours prior or after having any product that contains iron
Storage and disposal of Levid 500mg Tab
- Store Levid 500mg Tab at room temperature
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare provider before taking this medicine?
A: This medicine can interact with other drugs hence inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines especially supplements or herbs. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.
Q: What precautions should I take when using this medicine?
- Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use a sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn.
- If you experience pain, swelling of a tendon, or weakness or inability to use one of your joints; rest and refrain from exercise; and discontinue levofloxacin treatment immediately. Report the same t…
- If you experience sudden chest or back or stomach pain, seek medical help immediately
- Have plenty of water
Q: Can I stop taking medicine in the middle if I get relief from disease?
A: No, do not stop taking medicine in the middle, doing so may cause reinfection or bacterial resistance. Antibiotic should be taken for the complete prescribed duration.
Q: How much does it cost to buy Levid 500mg tablet?
A: The price of Levid 500mg Tablet ranges between $0.47 to 1 $
Q: What the alternatives to Levid 500mg tablet?
A: The alternatives to Levid 500mg tablet include
- Fynal-500 Tab
- Levoquin 500 Mg Tablet 5s
- Lazanol 500mg Tablet 5s
- Day-5 Tab
- Livorik 500mg Tablet 5s
- Levomac 500 Tab 5s
- Loxof-500 Tab 5s
- Levobact 500 Mg Tablet 10s
- Lufi-500 Tab 5s
- Levocide-500 Tab 5s
- Loxof Inj.100ml
- Zilee-500 Tab 5s
- Flolev 500 Mg Tablet 10s
- Qure-500 Tab
- Livozan 500mg Tablet 10s
- Lebact 500 Mg Tablet 5s
- Levotrop 500mg Tablet 10s
- L-Cin 500 Mg Tablet 5s
- Lek-500 Tab 10s
- Leon-500 Tablet
- Glevo-500 Tab
- Levoflox 500 Mg Tablet 10s
- Alevo-500mg Tab
- L Quin 500 Mg Tablet 10s
- Tavanic Inj.100ml
- Qure Injection 100ml
- Glevo IV Injection 100ml
- Glevo 500mg Inj.
- Levoflox Infusion 100ml
- Levowok 100ml Injection
- Tavanic 500 Tab 5s