The pink elliptical / oval pill with the imprint 44 329 is not Xanax ( Alprazolam) but has been identified as containing Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 25 mg supplied by Major Pharmaceuticals Inc. Diphenhydramine is used in the treatment of allergic reactions; allergic rhinitis; insomnia; cough; cold symptoms and belongs to the drug classes anticholinergic antiemetics, anticholinergic antiparkinson agents, antihistamines, miscellaneous anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics. There is no proven risk in humans during pregnancy. Diphenhydramine 25 mg is not a controlled substance under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).
When taking 44329 pill, use caution driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. 44329 pill may cause dizziness or drowsiness. If you experience dizziness or drowsiness, avoid these activities.
Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while taking 44329 pill.
Do not give this medication to a child younger than 2 years old. Always ask a doctor before giving a cough or cold medicine to a child. Death can occur from the misuse of cough and cold medicines in very young children.
You should not use 44329 pill to make a child sleepy.
Before taking this medicine
You should not use 44329 pill if you are allergic to it.Ask a doctor or pharmacist if it is safe for you to take 44329 pill if you have other medical conditions, especially:
- blockage in your digestive tract (stomach or intestines);
- bladder obstruction or other urination problems;
- a colostomy or ileostomy;
- liver or kidney disease;
- asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or other breathing disorder;
- cough with mucus, or cough caused by smoking, emphysema, or chronic bronchitis;
- heart disease, low blood pressure;
- a thyroid disorder; or
- if you take potassium (Cytra, Epiklor, K-Lyte, K-Phos, Kaon, Klor-Con, Polycitra, Urocit-K).
- It is not known whether 44329 pill will harm an unborn baby. Ask a doctor before using this medicine if you are pregnant.
- 44329 pill can pass into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby. Antihistamines may also slow breast milk production. Ask a doctor before using this medicine if you are breast-feeding.
- Older adults may be more likely to have side effects from this medicine.
How should I take 44329 pill?
Use 44329 pill exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Cold or allergy medicine is usually taken only for a short time until your symptoms clear up.
Do not give 44329 pill to a child younger than 2 years old. Always ask a doctor before giving a cough or cold medicine to a child. Death can occur from the misuse of cough and cold medicines in very young children. You should not use 44329 pill to make a child sleepy.
Measure liquid medicine with a special dose-measuring spoon or medicine cup. If you do not have a dose-measuring device, ask your pharmacist for one.
For motion sickness, take 44329 pill 30 minutes before you will be in a situation that causes you motion sickness (such as a long car ride, airplane or boat travel, amusement park rides, etc). Continue taking 44329 pill with meals and at bedtime for the rest of the time you will be in a motion-sickness situation.
As a sleep aid, take 44329 pill within 30 minutes before bedtime.
Call your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after 7 days of treatment, or if you have a fever with a headache, cough, or skin rash.
This medication can affect the results of allergy skin tests. Tell any doctor who treats you that you are using 44329 pill.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Since 44329 pill is used when needed, you may not be on a dosing schedule. If you are on a schedule, use the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call the Poison Help line.
What should I avoid?
This medication may cause blurred vision and may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be alert and able to see clearly. Drinking alcohol can increase certain side effects of 44329 pill. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using any other cold, cough, allergy, or sleep medicine. Antihistamines are contained in many combination medicines. Taking certain products together can cause you to get too much of this type of medicine. Check the label to see if a medicine contains an antihistamine.
44329 pill side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any signs of an allergic reaction to 44329 pill: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Stop using 44329 pill and call your doctor at once if you have:
- pounding heartbeats or fluttering in your chest;
- painful or difficult urination;
- little or no urinating;
- confusion, feeling like you might pass out; or
- tightness in your neck or jaw, uncontrollable movements of your tongue.
Common 44329 pill side effects may include:
- dizziness, drowsiness, loss of coordination;
- dry mouth, nose, or throat;
- constipation, upset stomach;
- dry eyes, blurred vision; or
- day-time drowsiness or “hangover” feeling after night-time use.
- This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
What other drugs will affect 44329 pill?
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you are also using any other drugs, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products. Some medicines can cause unwanted or dangerous effects when used together. Not all possible interactions are listed in this medication guide.
Taking this medicine with other drugs that make you sleepy or slow your breathing can worsen these effects. Ask your doctor before taking 44329 pill with a sleeping pill, narcotic pain medicine, muscle relaxer, or medicine for anxiety, depression, or seizures.
Remember, keep this and all other medicines out of the reach of children, never share your medicines with others, and use 44329 pill only for the indication prescribed. Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances. SEE: Can You Get High Off Benadryl