How To Cure A Sore [Strep] Throat Fast
A sore throat refers to pain, scratchiness or irritation of the throat that often worsens when you swallow. Most sore throats are caused by infections, or by environmental factors like dry air. Although a sore throat can be uncomfortable, it’ll usually go away on its own.However, if your sore throat lasts for more than 3 days, consult a doctor, because you might have a more serious underlying medical condition.
The most common cause of a sore throat (pharyngitis) is a viral infection, such as a cold or the flu or Strep throat caused by Streptococcus bacteria. Strep throat can affect children and adults of all ages.
Incidence and Prevalence of Sore Throat
Approximately 40 to 60% of cases of sore throat are caused by a virus and about 15 percent are associated with Streptococcus infection (strep throat).Sore throat accounted for 1.9% of all visits to emergency departments in the USA.
Key Facts About Sore Throat and Strep Throat
— Strep throat is an infection in the throat and tonsils caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria (called “group A strep”). However, most sore throats are caused by viruses, not bacteria.
– Group A strep bacteria spread through contact with droplets from an infected person’s cough or sneeze. When you touch your mouth, nose, or eyes after touching something that has these droplets on it, you may become ill and develop sore throat.
– No one can diagnose strep throat just by looking at your throat. Doctors can swab your throat to see if you have strep throat.
– People with strep throat should stay home from work, school, or daycare until they no longer have a fever and have taken antibiotics for at least 24 hours. This measure is to avoid spread of the bacteria or virus causing the sore throat
– Antibiotics taken for strep throat often help to reduce the length of time you’re sick, prevent long-term health problems, and help prevent spreading the infection to friends and family members.
Symptoms Of Sore Throat
Sore Throat symptoms can vary depending on what caused it. The condition is most times characterized by :
– scratchy sensation
– Burning sensation
– It can feel raw and dry or tender and irritated
Symptoms of severe sore throat may include: fatigue, nausea, fever and rash
How to Cure a Sore Strep Throat Fast
There are several ways to quickly and effectively get rid of sore throat or strep throat and set yourself free from its horrible symptoms.
Diclofenanc Slow Release tablet, Lincomycin or Ibuprofen
Pain medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen naproxen, diclofenac can help relieve the pain and inflammation caused by a sore throat. But medications like Lincomycin gives you a double edged support especially in strep throat infections. Lincomycin is effective against many types of bacteria including Streptococcus pneumoniae and Streptococcus pyogenes,
Salt and Water Cure for Sore Throat
Several studies have found that gargling warm salt water several times a day with can reduce swelling in the throat, loosen mucus and relieve discomfort. This process helps to flush out irritants or bacteria.
How to Use Salt and Water Cure for Sore Throat
– Mix 1 teaspoon of salt into 8 ounces (15 mL) of warm water or half a teaspoon of salt in one cup of water.
– Gargle once every hour and wash your mouth out after so your mouth doesn’t taste too bad.
– Do not swallow salt water while gargling
Drinking enough water is very useful during any sore throat episode. Hydrating your body will help it fight off infections and clear the sore throat quickly.
How to Prevent Prevent Viral Sore Throat and Strep Throat
The center for disease control recommends the following preventative measures:
– Always keep your hands clean by washing your hands often.
– Cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
– Do not drink from the same glass, eat from the same plate, or share utensils with someone who has, viral sore throat, strep throat or someone who is sick.
– If you have viral store throat or strep throat, stay home from work, school, or daycare until you no longer have a fever and have taken antibiotics for at least 24 hours. This will help keep others from getting sick. See: How To Soothe Itchy Scalp