Does your business provide home services like plumbing, electrical, roofing, restoration services, or others? Do you still follow the traditional marketing strategies like advertising in local magazines or word of mouth? Then now is the time to move a step ahead and adapt to the current marketing trends.
The home Services business is a big market in the US as the on-demand home services market is expected to grow up to $1,574.86 billion during 2020-2024. The pandemic is being considered a major influence on the home services market as the demand for these services has increased more as people are spending more time at their homes than offices and traveling around the world. In addition, they are utilizing the time at home for long due renovation and repair.
And as we know, there is a restricted movement of people in the streets; you cannot rely on traditional advertising methods and promote your business. As people hardly glance at the pamphlets advertising your services.
Just as people are dependent on the internet for the solution to any of their problems, similarly, they lookup for a home service provider on it during an emergency; therefore, to beat the competition and gain more customers, you need to mark your presence on the digital platforms and make the best use of home services marketing.
What is Home Services Marketing?
The main motive behind a business is to sell its services and gain the maximum profit, and this is only possible when the people who need your services are aware of your brand; this is where home services marketing plays a crucial role.
Home services marketing help businesses that offer home services such as plumbing, electric, HVAC, and pest control gain insight into your relevant audience, attract them towards your business, convert them into the lead, and further help to strengthen a long-term relationship with them. Hence, this process will help you earn more revenue and expand your business.
Various marketing strategies are used in home services marketing to use digital marketing tools effectively.
How to Do Home Services Marketing?
As we discussed in the previous section, there are different digital marketing strategies used in home services marketing that help you with market research and use marketing tools according to the requirement of a business. In addition, you can take help from a marketing agency that offers home services marketing.
What Are the Marketing Tools You Need for Your Home Services Business?
- Google My Business: Google My Business (GMB) provides a platform for you to provide your business details to your customers. You can create your GMB page for your business where you can add your address, contact details, and services which will reflect on the search engine result pages when people search for your services. The best way to utilize this platform is by optimizing your page according to the Google requirements so that your business appears on the first result page.
- Email Marketing to Retain Your Old Customers: To grow, you need to form a long-term relationship with your regular customers. This is not possible without newsletters and personalized emails reminding them about your business at regular intervals. Here, email marketing platforms such as MailChimp play an important role in designing, creating, segmenting, and automating email to your client list without any charges. So, it’s a win-win situation for you to adopt and adapt to email marketing.
- Website and Analytics: Even if you are a small business, having a website can open doors to many potential customers looking for your services. A well-organized, easy-to-navigate website can put you on an upper level than your competitors. You can use various analytics tools to improve your website. An expert in digital marketing can help you optimize your website using analytic tools. So, feel free to consult them.
- Local SEO: Since most home services business provides their services to a particular vicinity. Therefore, it is essential to focus on the local geographical regions rather than targeting a general audience. Local search engine optimization (SEO) can help you target the relevant audience in your local area and help your business become more visible on local search pages related to your business. Use keywords with high ranking for your vicinity rather than targeting general keywords.
- Online Advertising: If you feel that even after spending dollars on a traditional advertisement, the results are still not up to the mark? Then, it is time to rethink and find alternative and cost-efficient tools to advertise your business. And to follow the trend and walk with the world, the best alternative to traditional advertising is online advertising. People pay more attention to the online advertisement which appears on the result pages when someone searches for services related to your business. These advertisements provide direct access to the potential customers to reach you.
- Social Media Marketing: The relevance of social media for businesses has never been as important as it is in the current times. Many social media platforms provide a separate section for businesses to advertise their business, create communities, and interact with people on a personal level. So, social media platforms have turned out to be resourceful to interact with your customers personally and increase your customer base. You can increase your visibility by being a part of various Facebook communities where you can find the relevant audience and turn them into potential customers.
- Modern AI Chatbot: To strengthen any business-customer relationship, providing world-class customer service is essential. Hiring a human resource to attend calls and forward t calls to the concerned staff members is outdated. They are now replaced by AI chatbots who interact with the customers just like humans and provide 24*7 services to your customer. It can schedule a callback or appointment, answer the common questions instantly, provide links to informative content related to the queries. They understand common phrases and interact using natural language processing to give the customer an impression of human interaction. When a customer receives an instant solution to their problems, they tend to use the same business services next time.
- Google My Business: Like Google +, Google My Business (GMB) provides a platform for you to provide your business details to your customers. You can create your GMB page for your business where you can add your address, contact details, and services which will reflect on the search engine result pages when people search for your services. The best way to utilize this platform is by optimizing your page according to the Google requirements so that your business appears on the first result page. An optimized GMB page has a high chance of appearing on the top of the result pages for the SERP
Thus, shifting to the above digital marketing tools to grow your home services business can act as an elixir to the stagnant growth of your business. Since the pandemic has increased the demand for home services, this can be a great opportunity for any business to revive, and adopt the current marketing trends, to walk with the world’s pace. In addition, you can take help from the experts in home services marketing who can help you make the optimum use of these tools.