The white, elongated/oval shaped pill with imprint 377 has been identified as Tramadol Hydrochloride 50 mg. It is supplied by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Inc. Tramadol is used in the treatment of back pain; chronic pain; pain and belongs to the drug class narcotic analgesics. Tramadol was first approved in 1995, and was not considered an opiate (like morphine or oxycodone) even though it acted in similar ways. However, because there were cases of abuse and addiction with its use, the thinking and warnings changed. In 2014, the FDA designated tramadol as a controlled substance. This means that although it may have accepted use in medical care, it also has potential for abuse or addiction and therefore is more tightly regulated. For example, a doctor can only prescribe a maximum of five refills, and a new prescription is required every 6 months. Compared with other controlled substances, tramadol is at the safer end of the spectrum. Heroin, for example, is a Schedule I drug (high abuse potential and no acceptable medical use).
Mechanism of action
377 pill starts working immediately after taking through intradermal injections and orally. When it is taken in combination with acetaminophen, it starts working earlier than alone tramadol hydrochloride. The mechanism of action for Tramadol is not exactly known. But it is known to act on the mu opioid receptors to produce pain relief. Opioid receptors are located in the brain and there are three types, of which the mu opioid receptor is one. Normally, when a painful stimulus occurs, a neuron communicates to the brain and the person feels pain. When a person takes Tramadol, it acts on the mu opioid receptor, blocking the neuron from communicating pain to the brain.
Picture it this way: you have a dragon, a knight with a shield, and a princess. The dragon represents pain, the knight represents the neuron, and the shield represents Tramadol. The princess represents the brain. The dragon breathes fire on the princess! But the knight grabs his shield and blocks the fire from reaching the princess! In the same way, Tramadol acts to block the painful sensation from reaching the brain. And the knight and princess live happily ever after!
Uses and benefits
Like we established earlier,377 pill is used for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. Mostly, they are prescribed, to get immediate relief from the pain like after surgery pains or accidents. Then some other uses of this pill are
- Treatment of back pain
- Syndrome like restless leg
- Pain is arising because of depression, anxiety.
- Nerve disorders
- Spinal stenosis
- Physical sedation
- Consider Reading:
- Importance of Exercise in Osteoarthritis
- Stem Cell Therapy for Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis Treatment Options
After taking 377 pills sometimes you may suffer from some of the side effects. The more common side effects of 377 pills can include:
- nausea and vomiting
- lack of energy
- dry mouth
If these effects are mild, they may go away within a few days or a couple of weeks. If they’re more severe or don’t go away, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Serious side effects
Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 or country’s emergency line if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you’re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:
Serotonin syndrome. Symptoms can include:
- fast heart rate
- high blood pressure
- body temperature that’s higher than normal
- reflexes that are stronger than normal
- lack of coordination (control of your movements)
- nausea and vomiting
- hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren’t real)
Serious breathing problems. Symptoms can include:
- slowed breathing rate
- very shallow breathing (little chest movement with breathing)
- fainting, dizziness, or confusion
- Physical dependence and withdrawal when stopping the drug. Symptoms can include:
- feeling irritable, anxious, or restless
- trouble sleeping
- increased blood pressure
- fast breathing rate
- fast heart rate
- dilated (large) pupils
- teary eyes
- runny nose
- nausea, vomiting, and a loss of appetite
- diarrhea and stomach cramps
- muscle aches, back pain, or joint pain
Adrenal insufficiency. Symptoms can include:
- long-lasting tiredness
- muscle weakness
- pain in your abdomen
- Androgen deficiency. Symptoms can include:
- trouble sleeping
- decreased energy
- Addiction or misuse of this drug
377 pill Dosage
This pill is available in two forms release tablet that can be taken six times a day and extended-release tablet that should be taken once in a day. Both are taken either with or without food. Take 377 pill doses exactly as prescribed. Follow all directions on your prescription label. Tramadol can slow or stop your breathing, especially when you start using this medicine or whenever your dose is changed. Never take this medicine in larger amounts, or for longer than prescribed. Tell your doctor if the medicine seems to stop working as well in relieving your pain. Tramadol may be habit-forming, even at regular doses. Never share this medicine with another person, especially someone with a history of drug abuse or addiction. Using the medicine without a prescription. Selling or giving away this medicine is against the law.
Taking an overdose of these pills can be life-threatening sometimes and can lead to many serious consequences like:
- Shortness of breath
- Irregularity in a heartbeat
Whenever you see any symptoms of overdose, immediately consult your physician.
What should I avoid while taking 377 pills ?
Do not drink alcohol. Dangerous side effects or death could occur. This medicine may impair your thinking or reactions. Avoid driving or operating machinery until you know how this medicine will affect you. Dizziness or severe drowsiness can cause falls or other accidents.
What other drugs will affect 377 pills?
You may have breathing problems or withdrawal symptoms if you start or stop taking certain other medicines. Inform your doctor if you also use an antibiotic, antifungal medication, heart or blood pressure medication, seizure medication, or medicine to treat HIV or hepatitis C. 377 pills can interact with many other drugs and cause dangerous side effects or death. Be sure your doctor knows if you also use the following:
- Cold or allergy medications, bronchodilator asthma/COPD medication, or a diuretic
- Medicines for motion sickness, irritable bowel syndrome, or overactive bladder;
- Other narcotic drugs – opioid pain medicine or prescription cough medicine; a sedative like Valium – diazepam, alprazolam, lorazepam, Xanax, Klonopin, Versed, and others;
- Medications that make you sleepy or slow your breathing – a sleeping pill, muscle relaxer, medicine to treat mood disorders or mental illness; or
- Medcines that affect serotonin levels in your body – a stimulant, or medicine for depression, Parkinson’s disease, migraine headaches, serious infections, or nausea and vomiting.
377 pill should be stored in place having temperature between15oC to 30oC. It should be kept away from the reach of children and persons with history of drug or substance abuse.