Johns Hopkins University
John’s Hopkins University is rated as the best school in the world in public health and Nursing. It offers the most prestigious degree in public health nursing. An NLN designated Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, the school has a National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) Pass Rate of 89%.
John’s Hopkins University offers the public health nursing program under the Master of Sciences in nursing (MSN) program of the institution.
According to the institution, the program offers a unique opportunity to improve the health of diverse and often under served populations with a primary focus on illness prevention, health promotion and primary prevention.
On completion of the program, graduates will be well equipped and skilled to design and implement high quality services for the benefit of the community using expertise and knowledge gained from a combination public health, and Nursing concepts.
Johns Hopkins University Public health Nursing Tracks
- Public Health Nursing Track
- Public Health Nursing Track with Pathway to Midwifery
- MSN/MPH with Public Health Nursing Track
A public health nursing degree from Johns Hopkins University opens doors to position of
- Leadership in health education,
- Program development
Johns Hopkins University Public health Nursing Admission Requirements
- A Bachelor of Science degree in nursing with CGPA of not less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Valid Nursing License
- Official transcripts
Additional Requirements may apply especially for International Applicants
- University of California
Public health nursing at the University of California is offered under the Advanced Public Health Nursing (APHN) of the institution. The program offers the opportunity for the development of expertise in health promotion, planning/evaluation of public health programs, and the development of skills required for the implementation of public health concepts.
The program is not a clinical specialization and does not involve individual level patient care but graduates of the program are eligible for the State of California Board of Registered Nursing certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist
3.University of Kansas
The Public Health Nursing specialty at the University of Kansas is for both novice and experienced nurses. The program offers the graduate student the opportunity develop leadership and advanced public health skills in population healthcare.
The focus of this online program is on
- Evidenced based practice in health promotion
- Chronic disease management and disease prevention in targeted populations.
- Public health policy and community partnership.
University of Kansas Public Health Nursing Admission Requirements
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Valid nursing license
- Minimum of one year of clinical work
- A CGPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Grand Canyon University
The Public health nursing degree at the University of Grand Canyon is offered online by
the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions. The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) provides an opportunity to join the league of specialists driving change in community health using knowledge from both the nursing and public health fields.
The public health nursing program of Grand Canyon University is designed to:
- Provide professional skills to assess, define, and resolve modern day concerns in public health.
- Inspire changes in healthcare that leads to reduction in disease and illness
- Expose student to concepts in public health and nursing
- Reinforce nursing skills and facilitate the development of new perspectives through academic discussions in small settings.
- Acquire a heightened understanding of public policies, theories, principles.
5. Lake Head University
Another institution offering specialization in public health nursing is Lake Head University. The program allows students to focus on current issues in public health and science in order to gain experience through opportunities.
The unique blend of on-campus and distance technology allows the institution to also deliver this course via its online distance education course management system.
The public health nursing program of Lake Head University is aimed at preparing graduates for a career in public health practice by:
- Taking individualized clinical courses to a variety of foci
- Taking the learner’s needs into consideration
- Focusing on Community health, clinical practice, education, and administration
All Public Health Nursing students are expected to complete a course based program.