What is extacy ?
Extacy is often called “the love pill” because of its ability to heighten perceptions of color, sound and supposedly amplifying sensations when one touches or caresses an individual mostly during sex. Extacy drug is a pill containing 3,4-methylenedioxy-methamphetamine (MDMA), a synthetic molecule that alters mood and perception. It achieves this by increasing the activity of three brain chemicals in the following ways:
- Dopamine— when extacy alters the activity of dopamine it causes a surge in euphoria and increased energy/activity.
- Norepinephrine— the effect of extacy on Norepinephrine causes an increase in heart rate and blood pressure, which is highly risky for people with heart and blood vessel conditions.
- Serotonin—the impact of extacy on this chemical is manifested in mood, appetite, sleep, sexual arousal and trust. The release of large amounts of serotonin often causes the emotional closeness, elevated mood, and empathy felt by those who use extacy.
This explains why extacy is emotionally damaging and why users often suffer depression, confusion, severe anxiety, paranoia
How do people use Extacy?
People who use extacy usually take it as a capsule or tablet, though some swallow it in liquid form or snort the powder. The “pure” crystalline powder form of extacy known in the streets as molly is usually sold in capsules.
Side Effects of Extacy
Extacy pills side effects include:
- muscle cramping
- involuntary teeth clenching
- blurred vision
- impulsiveness and aggression
- sleep problems
- memory and attention problems
- decreased appetite
- decreased interest in and pleasure from sex
How long does it take Extacy or MDMA to get out of your System?
It usually takes three to four days before extacy can be completely eliminated from the urine and approximately one to two days before it can be removed from the blood.
How long Does Extacy High Last
Extacy trip is highly overrated when compared to the accompanying consequences. Noticeable effect sets in about 20-45 minutes after taking the drug, however, in some cases it may take an hour or more.
Sex on MDMA
A user of extacy for 15 years describes extacy as a very ‘narrow’ drug, which will heighten feelings and sensations, but only a few at a time. A New York University public-health researcher Joseph J. Palamar, who has investigated the impact of MDMA on sex asserts that extacy could leave you vulnerable if you get into an unsafe situation. Extacy significantly increases the risk of engaging in risky behavior, thus exposing the user to sexually transmitted diseases such as HIV /AIDS, Genital herpes, Syphilis, Trich and many other forms of VD
Is Extacy Pill Illegal ?
It is illegal to use extacy under Controlled Substance Act (CSA). In 2001, the US Government enacted harsh new sanctions and penalties for those supplying and or using the drug .
Steps on How to Overcome Drug Addiction
- Beat stress
- Distract yourself and think about Change
- Visualize success
- Keep a journal
- Talk to a professional and remember that No treatment works for everyone
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD How to Overcome Addiction PDF